Cave Crawl II: Electric Boogaloo

Started by Mr. Analog, September 13, 2012, 03:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So, you guys interested in doing another cave crawl this weekend maybe?

Find some unexplored area of the map, get on Skype and see what we can build in a few hours?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

YES.  Let me check my calendar...  Hmm, surprisingly open.  Friday night after 8:30pm (although not too late because I'm up at 7:30am), Saturday after 3pm, Sunday after 5pm.  Do you have a particular area in mind?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

Or for that matter, an idea of what you'd like to build?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Saturday or Sunday works, I'm oot on Friday.

I was just thinking of finding a cave, exploring it and building something, who knows what.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Shall we set a date and time for this?  How does Saturday, 3pm MDT sound?  For those in other timezones, here's the MDT timezone: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=80.  That should let you convert to your timezone.

edit: This'll work even better to figure out your local time compared to mine: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Cave+Crawl+II%3A+Electric+Boogaloo&iso=20120915T15&p1=80.  Just click "change location" right above the clock on the right next to the text "Same Time In".
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

So Saturday starting around 5pm MDT?  So 3pm is too early?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on September 14, 2012, 03:31:09 PM
So Saturday starting around 5pm MDT?  So 3pm is too early?

Well like I said I'll be helping my parents move stuff between houses so I'm not sure when I'll be done exactly.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I probably won't make it :(

Gots a bunch of cleaning to do before my Mom shows up on Sunday. That and I'd like to catch up on a bit of work (missed a day this week :( ).
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

ruh roh, well, Mr A, it'll be you and me!  Maybe I'll get a couple of helpers to come along on the other computers in our house :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on September 14, 2012, 11:42:39 PM
ruh roh, well, Mr A, it'll be you and me!  Maybe I'll get a couple of helpers to come along on the other computers in our house :)

groovey
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I played for a bit today.  I'll probably be back on between 5 and 5:30.  If you wanna get a hold of me, Skype or if you see YellowBear online chat her since she's sitting ten feet over from me :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

hello will be on around 8

sorry deleted othrt post by mistake
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I gotta say, this was lots of fun.  It ended up being Mr. Analog and myself to start at 8:15, then YellowBear joined in about 9:00 (she was just sitting here watching me so I told her to get on and start mining too), and then LuckyCh4rms joined in about 10:20 after I picked him up from work.  we stopped about 11:20 (someone was too tired to continue :) ).  We managed to build a work house, a sleep house, a wheat field, and an enchantment table, we've got a couple of mines going, we explored a ton of caves and found a cavern, and we've got obsidian and diamonds already.

Also, the area we're exploring has a ton of cows as well as sheep and pigs.  I don't remember seeing any chickens yet, but I'm sure they're out there.  We're in a grassy plains area, with jungle to the north, snowy spruce forest to the northwest, and extreme hills to the northeast.  There's desert past the extreme hills, and we didn't realize right away but we're close to Melbosa's Floating P establishment.  http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-1446/64/-324/-3/0/0

Because of the number of cows, we nicknamed it the Taj Moo Hal :)

Now we've got an enchantment table and are looking to build a wizard's tower.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Fun for sure! I need to start mining though, need lots of cobblestone.

Also that abandoned mine is MASSIVE, it feels larger than the other 2 I've been in.
By Grabthar's Hammer