Thorin

You seem to be a post or two behind.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on October 21, 2012, 01:04:25 PM
You seem to be a post or two behind.
Not really. Read your posts. but felt like replying to Mr. A's :)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

BMan, YellowBear, and I killed some cows, brought in a bunch of paper, and built some books and then bookshelves.  The enchanting table in the wizard tower now has the max number of bookshelves, to allow level 30 enchantments.

We also planted some more torches as creepers were spawning just outside the buildings.

Mr. A, next time we're on together we should work on those curtain walls for the castle complex.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

That is a good sized wall, I think I'll add cylindrical towers on the corners.

I take it we're going to use stone bricks all the way around? If so we should probably build a small building with lots of furnaces in it and a temporary tree farm.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Well, I was thinking stone bricks for the curtain wall.  I don't mind mixing in smooth stone or even cobble and wood for the hovels inside or nearby.  And I have a couple of double chests already full of stone brick there, and probably another five or six double chests back at my giant underground room - I'll be moving them over soon :)

I'm actually thinking of making a smaller section that will be the lord's keep with an inner protective wall and higher curtain walls in the western portion, and then a common area with some huts and market square in the eastern portion.  And of course some huts outside the wall as well...

But yeah, pretty big area staked out :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Whoa, okay, didn't realize you had so many building supplies there.

One thing I've been thinking of is setting up post offices around the map with ender chests in them. Obviously we can't trade through them but if you are in a different area there would be a chest already.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, I've got a wee bit of materiel laying around the ol' server :)

Post offices are a great idea.  Man, I should've made an ender chest at the Taj Moo Hal and then another at my underwater mine, then instead of transferring just what I can carry, I could transfer what I can carry _plus_ what I can put in the ender chest.

Obviously we'd put ender chests at our bases, but where else would you see them existing?  And I guess it's not _truly_ a post office, since we can't mail stuff to each other, only to ourselves through those chests.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I just figure we set up chests at all our major bases, that way if we help each other out to build stuff we can do it easily (or at the very least transfer stuff).

Man I wish we had the Ender Chest mod installed, it works so well.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on October 22, 2012, 10:57:24 AM
Obviously we'd put ender chests at our bases, but where else would you see them existing?

I would suggest transit stations as another good location... Sure would make common minecart storage easy... as having no carts at some stations is always a problem.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on October 22, 2012, 11:07:14 AM
Quote from: Thorin on October 22, 2012, 10:57:24 AM
Obviously we'd put ender chests at our bases, but where else would you see them existing?

I would suggest transit stations as another good location... Sure would make common minecart storage easy... as having no carts at some stations is always a problem.

That's a brilliant idea!!

I think I'll craft up a bunch then and get started with it that way!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

That does mean that you have to always have a minecart in your own ender chest.  Remember that we can't share the inventory of others through those chests.

In my case, I see them more as an inventory-slot-increasing item rather than a true post office where you can mail things to other people.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Yes, if everyone put a couple minecarts in ender chests we wouldn't have the problem of no carts at certain stations
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

See, I just carry one with me wherever I go, same as carrying two buckets of water, a sword, a bow, a stack of arrows, a pickaxe, some wood, some torches, an axe, a shovel, and food.

I wish our inventory was bigger.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

That works too I guess.

See now if we had Equivalent Exchange installed you really could have a bag of holding -> http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/Alchemy_Bag
By Grabthar's Hammer