1.4 due out soon?!

Started by Thorin, October 22, 2012, 11:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Okay, well, maybe I'll try to sleep at night hahahahahaha

...oh
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

... or use that MCNostalgia tool to just roll your client back to 1.3.2.  It's not that hard.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

Most important thing to remember when we switch to 1.4.x, especially when being chased by a half dozen creepers - right-click to open doors, push buttons, etc (used to be left-click).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on October 25, 2012, 06:28:57 PM
Most important thing to remember when we switch to 1.4.x, especially when being chased by a half dozen creepers - right-click to open doors, push buttons, etc (used to be left-click).

??? I always used right click

Quote from: Thorin on October 25, 2012, 03:40:02 PM
... or use that MCNostalgia tool to just roll your client back to 1.3.2.  It's not that hard.

I never heard of it until TODAY
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Hmm, thought I'd mentioned MCNostalgia before, when we were switching from 1.2.5 to 1.3.2 but the server only went to 1.3.1.

Yeah, I right-click most things too.  I was reading a funny complaint post where a guy was trying to report a bug with doors not opening so he had to chop them down every time and how that was a pain when being chased by zombies and creepers, and then someone asked if he was left-clicking or right-clicking them, and then the next post was "nvm, no bug".
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

One reason to not left click things, is if you're in creative mode, or have a super efficient tool.... Talk about annoying.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

If you can chop down a door as fast as you can open it ... I want to borrow your axe :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

By the way, when are you planning to upgrade to 1.4.2?  We're waiting on Bukkit, right?  How's Bukkit coming along?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Yeah, enquiring minds want to know.

Enquiring minds that may or may not buy the new XCOM lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on October 26, 2012, 02:13:34 PM
By the way, when are you planning to upgrade to 1.4.2?  We're waiting on Bukkit, right?  How's Bukkit coming along?
It seems there's sometimes a dev (read: buggy) release a couple days after the release (I haven't seen anything yet after doing a tiny bit of digging), and usually after about a week theres a not so buggy release.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I know eh?  Can't they do their free work quicker?!  Although I suppose they do make some money off of it through those ad.fly links, and I suppose the pre-release has been out for a while, too.

I'm jonesin' for more Minecraft, but just wanted to make sure I didn't update my client too soon.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Some of the Bukkit peeps work for Mojang. The problem this time has been with all the rapid updates. It seems as if a lot of internals change between even the smallest updates, so something as intertwined as bukkit is takes a lot of work to update.