Main Menu

THE END

Started by Mr. Analog, December 13, 2012, 04:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So, I was bored and decided to go hunting for the End Portal Frame, I found it just west of the Pyramid, I built a small hut out of bricks and a ladder down into a curiously hollowed out room:

http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-574/64/562/max/0/1

I propose we deck out some gear, put an ender chest in our inventory and try to slay a dragon!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

oooo that didn't take long.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I've crafted a couple Eye of Ender already, if you right click them they go in the direction of the portal frame, when they find it they sink into the ground.

I dug down one block and fell into a big room full of torches, it connected to the portal frame room in what looks like a very large Stronghold.

I built a hut around the hole so it's easier to find, I added a ladder as well for easy access.

Now the challenge is to collect Ender Pearls and Blaze rods so we can craft more eyes for the frame.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 13, 2012, 08:17:06 AM
I've crafted a couple Eye of Ender already, if you right click them they go in the direction of the portal frame, when they find it they sink into the ground.

I dug down one block and fell into a big room full of torches, it connected to the portal frame room in what looks like a very large Stronghold.

I built a hut around the hole so it's easier to find, I added a ladder as well for easy access.

Now the challenge is to collect Ender Pearls and Blaze rods so we can craft more eyes for the frame.
What might help is some good armour, and some fire protection potions :)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Are you willing to wait almost a week before we do this?  I'm busy all weekend...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 13, 2012, 12:32:09 PM
Are you willing to wait almost a week before we do this?  I'm busy all weekend...
Ditto unfortunately.

Mr. Analog

Sure!

I may scout ahead and get a base started.

I should be able to put down an Ender Chest and build a small house.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

You mean in The End?  Once you're in there, you won't be able to come back...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

If you die you go back to /home wherever that was last.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 13, 2012, 01:45:35 PM
If you die you go back to /home wherever that was last.
I may or may not have also installed the mod for /back and /home, which may work from different dimensions.

Mr. Analog

Woo well then it may not be a one way trip after all!

I'll still bring an Ender Chest and get things established.

...hmm actually I'm gonna need to farm Endermen and Blazes first. I only have three Eye of Ender at the moment and one is going into another chest.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Since the dragon can destroy most block types and endermen can move most block types you may want to make an obsidian  bunker with a steel door in the end so the endermen do not dismantle it and so once the dragon is attacking there is somewhere to hide.

Mr. Analog

That's what I was thinking.

It doesn't have to be anything grand, just a place to stage attacks from.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Well for Blazes there's a Blaze Farm down in Pants's neck of the woods.  For Ender Pearls, there's a bunch at the Taj Moo Hal.  For obsidian, I think there's still a stack at the Taj Moo Hal, but you might have to go down to the mine (go in the work hut with all the storage and furnaces, then go down the ladder, then there's a bunch more chests there).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 13, 2012, 02:09:55 PM
That's what I was thinking.

It doesn't have to be anything grand, just a place to stage attacks from.

I am thinking dig down a litteral bunker below ground level (if possible) with steps down then a small obsidian / steal door frame... if the roof is at least 3 or 3 levels below ground I don't think the endermen will lift enough blocks to get down, thus minimizing the obsidian use to the door frame.  Also knowing minecrafts collition detection being under ground or in side a hill side would be much safer vs a free standing building if the attacks can penetrate 1 layer thick walls .