Main Menu

THE END

Started by Mr. Analog, December 13, 2012, 04:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Cool, will take that into consideration!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I can do Monday after 10PM or Tuesday night next week... will be in Calgary stuck in a hotel room.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I forgot they haven't got internet in Calgary ;)

(j/k)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I'll be in Calgary, too, and in a hotel, too, but pretty much the whole weekend is filled with planned activities (hockey games, team parties, eating, sleep...).  I hope to get to Peter's Drive-In on the way home.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

THORIN and MELBOSA sittin' in a ... CALGARY umm... what rhymes with that
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on December 13, 2012, 02:15:14 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 13, 2012, 02:09:55 PM
That's what I was thinking.

It doesn't have to be anything grand, just a place to stage attacks from.

I am thinking dig down a litteral bunker below ground level (if possible) with steps down then a small obsidian / steal door frame... if the roof is at least 3 or 3 levels below ground I don't think the endermen will lift enough blocks to get down, thus minimizing the obsidian use to the door frame.  Also knowing minecrafts collition detection being under ground or in side a hill side would be much safer vs a free standing building if the attacks can penetrate 1 layer thick walls .
The dragon will blow holes through many layers of that enderstone stuff. It's surprisingly soft. Probably worse than netherrack. It almost seems like the dragon's breath goes /through/ it as well.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

So for safety a deep bunker? With an obsidian roof?

Might be over thinking not sure how hare it will really be to defeat but having a safe house is always nice.

Tom

Probably just need a couple people aggroing the dragon while another couple go after the beacons with bows.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

With four or five of us it should be pretty easy.  We should bring lots of arrows - I have enough to fill five of our inventories, easy.  And I have a crap-ton of Power I bows, too.  I'm happy to share these with anyone who doesn't have a better bow :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Yep, all good ideas, bows and arrows and ladders are a must, I'll set up something in the end this weekend, I won't directly engage though
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Unless it engages YOU :)  Apparently it can just fly through the endstone and obsidian?  And if we place non-endstone/obsidian, then those blocks turn into air when it flies through them?  Fortifications might not help that much.  Might be worthwhile setting up a Skype call so we can OH @%&# WATCH OUT to each other.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Stewie521

Quote from: Lazybones on December 13, 2012, 05:57:11 PM
So for safety a deep bunker? With an obsidian roof?

Might be over thinking not sure how hare it will really be to defeat but having a safe house is always nice.

NOOOOOOOO! Ender Dragon can go THROUGH Obsidian!!! And Endstone! And Bedrock. I would really like to take on the Ender Dragon, and build a shrine to dedecate the victory of man over the Ender Dragon, with the Dragon Egg in it. So, for help, I offer a full strategy, as suggested on the Minecraft Wiki, and from personal experience.
You will need the following to take on the Ender Dragon:

• Armour, Iron or higher but I would definitely recommend diamond, enchanted or unenchanted, depends on how difficult it would be for you to part with it
  • Diamond Sword, for the "accidents"
  • A Pickaxe, it will dave your a$$ everywhere
  • At least 2 stacks of arrows, he is ******* difficult to hit, but will will eventually get the hang of it
  • A bow and some backups, there is no resources there, and no time to craft.
  • Food, unless you can eat Endermen there is no tasty snack there for you
  • Potions of Healing, admit it when that Dragon comes for you, the Matrix is the last thing you'll think of
  • Some Ladders and other useful stuff, bring lots the Dragon treats items and players as food
  • Your Voice, Fus Ro Dah is useful but Joor Zah Frul is much better
  • A sense of humor, because OH-SH*T gets really old and annoying
  • Cannon Fodder, the Hero needs people to sacrifice

As for strategy, here is the most important points. Firstly we must take out all of the EnderCrystals as they heal the Dragon. Secondly, do not attack the Endermen, the last time I was there, they left me alone. Thirdly, spread out a little, but stay together. Fire Arrows only really, don't try to melee. Although melee does more, with enough of us and no EnderCrystals, there won't be a problem. If you do get close enough to melee, it most likely means he has charged you, so dig one block down to prevent yourself from falling off the world and into the Void. But most important, do not go there unless the attack force is all going! There is no return portal, the only way back is to kill the Dragon, or die. Why do you think they call it the "End"?

Thorin

Hey, I figured out how to turn four Power I bows into one Power III bows.  Only takes 17 levels (or 292xp, or 59 skeletons), so I can probably make one every ten minutes or so.  I could make about fifteen Power III bows...  I also have over four double chests of arrows, somewhere around 240 stacks.

What do we need still, Eyes of Ender?  And when do we want to try and do this?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Stewie521

Quote from: Thorin on January 01, 2013, 11:53:10 PM
Hey, I figured out how to turn four Power I bows into one Power III bows.  Only takes 17 levels (or 292xp, or 59 skeletons), so I can probably make one every ten minutes or so.  I could make about fifteen Power III bows...  I also have over four double chests of arrows, somewhere around 240 stacks.

What do we need still, Eyes of Ender?  And when do we want to try and do this?

Okay, the bows would help, as well as the arrows. Unless Mr.Analog has already put the Eyes in the frame, we are good. We could bring some Ender Pearls for travel though...

LennyLen

I've got a ton of arrows as well, and a Skeleton Spawner for more.