trouble logging in

Started by Thorin, August 25, 2013, 02:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

So I start up Minecraft and log in, then I try to join the Usamot server.  I end up getting a 503 error for URL: http://session.minecraft.net/game/joinserver.jsp?user=ThorinC&sessionId=[number]&serverId=-[guid]

Did we upgrade the server, or something?

edit: nope, it's still 1.5.2 because I can't connect with 1.6.

I CAN'T GET MY FIX :(

Anyway, hopefully it resolves itself soon.  Unless you happen to know what the problem is, Tom?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

Oh, well, this is why.

COME ON MOJANG, FIX YOUR SERVERS.

Also, I just learned there are "legacy" and regular authentication servers.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Ya, you can upgrade your account from a minecraft account to a majong account now that they have more than one game.
I noticed this when I changed my player skin last.

Tom

Watch out, I've heard plenty of stories where the upgrade @%&#ed people's accounts. Also those servers go down often enough too.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

The login handshake IMO is the worst part of the process, the single point of failure that you can't get past heh
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

You know on the one hand I wanna complain, on the other hand I've gotten a very substantial amount of entertainment for my $27 lifetime payment.  Plus I imagine when those login servers finally do go down, they'll probably release the code for them.  Seeing as how people can get at the normal code and have already altered the clients to not require signing in, so it must not be that difficult to circumvent.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

The game itself already supports "offline" mode, which really just means "don't log in". In fact, the game itself does no loging in at all. The launcher does the logging in, hands the info directly to the client.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Yeah, but the server requires a valid token that it can validate itself against the authentication servers, right?  Which is why when the authentication servers are down, I can't connect to Usamot, because the Usamot server is set to require a valid login as validated against the authentication servers.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on August 25, 2013, 10:02:52 PM
Yeah, but the server requires a valid token that it can validate itself against the authentication servers, right?  Which is why when the authentication servers are down, I can't connect to Usamot, because the Usamot server is set to require a valid login as validated against the authentication servers.

So if they ever take the authentication servers down, Tom can just turn off the online validation.