... forest resources age???

If my compound doesn't look like Isengard in a few days then I have failed

My new goal: make a giant ugly mess

LET LOOSE THE QUARRIES OF WAR!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 28, 2012, 12:35:49 PM
... forest resources age???
We showed you the forest one right? At any rate, the big brick building at spawn is the gate room/hub. in there you'll find a mystcraft portal you can walk through to get to it. Also in there is the new enchanting room :D I need to make it prettier, but its somewhat decent as is.

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 28, 2012, 12:35:49 PM
If my compound doesn't look like Isengard in a few days then I have failed

My new goal: make a giant ugly mess

LET LOOSE THE QUARRIES OF WAR!
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Yeah, you guys need to get more creative with your portal room there 'cause right now it's like more of a shed than a transport hub ;)

In fact it was difficult to read what the books are labelled as they are so close together.

Also it would be helpful to know what they are before you go there LOL

At any rate, is there a way of automatically transporting a large amount of material from one dimension (age?) to another?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

You have multiple worlds set up?  How many?  And mining is only supposed to happen in one of them?  Is that to avoid the Giant Holes In The Ground look of typical tekkit maps?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I'm not sure how it all works, as soon as I dropped in the guys whisked me to a place where there was constant lightning and tons of trees.

To be honest I was going to keep all my mining below ground by at least 15 blocks (nothing worth mining until below there anyway) but the anarchist in me wants to really screw with the landscape.

I'm going to build a giant space needle type building though, there will be a gleaming white futuristic tower and horrible ugly mines beneath it.

Isengard!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 28, 2012, 12:43:33 PM
Yeah, you guys need to get more creative with your portal room there 'cause right now it's like more of a shed than a transport hub ;)

In fact it was difficult to read what the books are labelled as they are so close together.
Lol. Yeah, there is now a dedicated portal building :)

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 28, 2012, 12:43:33 PM
Also it would be helpful to know what they are before you go there LOL

At any rate, is there a way of automatically transporting a large amount of material from one dimension (age?) to another?
There are several. You can go enderchests and some form of device that pumps things in and out of them, or Chest Carts and mystcraft portals.

Sev and I may be setting up a nether lava system to pump lava back to the overworld for use in various things :D Mostly power.

Quote from: Thorin on December 28, 2012, 12:45:09 PM
You have multiple worlds set up?  How many?  And mining is only supposed to happen in one of them?  Is that to avoid the Giant Holes In The Ground look of typical tekkit maps?
So far we have several worlds, but MANY of them are worse than useless (its just how Mystcraft works, you have to discover the symbols used to make custom ages/worlds, and worlds with randomly generated symbols will have funky effects applied).

Basically I'd like to keep mining out of the overworld :) we can setup more worlds/ages for other things if you want, but I think the one mining age for now is probably fine. We can rip it to shreds if we like.

And with most mining happening out of the overworld we get to keep the ground in the overworld clear of man made labyrinths, so any building that gets done, is free to build down and out without hitting someone elses @%&#.

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 28, 2012, 12:49:40 PM
I'm not sure how it all works, as soon as I dropped in the guys whisked me to a place where there was constant lightning and tons of trees.

To be honest I was going to keep all my mining below ground by at least 15 blocks (nothing worth mining until below there anyway) but the anarchist in me wants to really screw with the landscape.

I'm going to build a giant space needle type building though, there will be a gleaming white futuristic tower and horrible ugly mines beneath it.

Isengard!
The hobbits are going to Isengard!

I've been mining at or around level 12-14 mostly. Been desperate for diamonds. I found 8, then fell into lava >:( then found 3 and used them right away on the enchanting table.

Mr. Analog

I guess I'll have to find some Enderman and give them a bad day.

I really can't wait to get started with RP2 pneumatic tubes!

Also I gotta get my hands on bricks to start my adventures in Railcraft

Augh, I hate this part because it's all about getting started and I have a billion ideas and no material yet LOL
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

So I just installed the FTB launcher, and it installs its own copy of Minecraft.  It could be that BDCraft isn't working quite correct for you just because some of the mods like Connected Textures aren't included in the FTB launcher?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

So I downloaded the FTB_Launcher.exe file, then ran it.  How the @%&# do I upgrade the Minecraft it uses to 1.4.6 so that I can access the server?

this is why I hate @%&#ing with mods, always something to go wrong.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 28, 2012, 01:06:56 PM
So I downloaded the FTB_Launcher.exe file, then ran it.  How the @%&# do I upgrade the Minecraft it uses to 1.4.6 so that I can access the server?

Select the Direwolf20 pack, it installs 1.4.6.

Mr. Analog

????

I downloaded the EXE from the site and ran it, it worked first time.

Are you using some other launcher?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on December 28, 2012, 01:08:16 PM
Quote from: Thorin on December 28, 2012, 01:06:56 PM

Select the Direwolf20 pack, it installs 1.4.6.

How do I select the Direwolf20 pack?  I go to the site http://www.feed-the-beast.com/, I click the Download button, under "Download Client" I click the download exe button, I download FTB_Launcher.exe to C:\Personal\Minecraft\FeedTheBeast, I run FTB_Launcher.exe, I create a login profile, I click Launch, a modpack downloads...

Oh @%&#, wait, the screen where you select a login profile lists @%&# on the left side, including a Direwolf20 thing.  It looks like a @%&#ing news feed, so my brain immediately ignored it.  Apparently I was downloading VoxelModPack from this launcher.

Bah, always something not explained that I have to figure out.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Hey, this FTB_Launcher.exe, is that just to download the mod pack?  Can I start up Minecraft without it?  Because I hate having to remember to change what mod pack is selected in the launcher every time (it doesn't seem to remember my selection of Direwolf20).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 28, 2012, 01:24:50 PM
Hey, this FTB_Launcher.exe, is that just to download the mod pack?  Can I start up Minecraft without it?  Because I hate having to remember to change what mod pack is selected in the launcher every time (it doesn't seem to remember my selection of Direwolf20).
It remembers my selection. But no, you need the launcher since it does all of the updating and patching.

Mr. Analog

The FTB launcher (as with Tekkit) install different versions of Minecraft to different locations so that they all live individually, absolutely zero hassle, just let the launcher do the work.

You'll find a new folder with just the FTB stuff in the same location as your launcher

The only thing that is a pain is the lack of decent textures, Sphax BDCraft was fairly mature for Tekkit when I got started with that but for FTB it's severely behind, I get a mishmash of textures... but they are better than the defaults.

I currently run 3 launchers:
-Tekkit
-FTB
-MagicLauncher
By Grabthar's Hammer