Minecraft 1.5 has been Released

Started by Mr. Analog, March 14, 2013, 02:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on June 01, 2013, 06:04:46 AM
Quote from: Snowie0wl on June 01, 2013, 04:52:06 AM
Quoteso much crap I don't see that I know is there

At a bare minimum, remove errant feces.  ;)

I do try to use the toilet.

Well aren't we fancy!

*Mr. A craps while walking naked through backyard*

:lol:
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 01, 2013, 06:58:13 AM
Quote from: Tom on June 01, 2013, 06:04:46 AM
Quote from: Snowie0wl on June 01, 2013, 04:52:06 AM
Quoteso much crap I don't see that I know is there

At a bare minimum, remove errant feces.  ;)

I do try to use the toilet.

Well aren't we fancy!

*Mr. A craps while walking naked through backyard*

:lol:
Might want to check your HMA for rules about that sort of thing.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

My owner needs to curb me

But we can't find my owner
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I'm using Tapatalk from my phone to read this, and I only see the first couple of words in the new posts feed. I thought for a sec you lot were talking about upcoming features in a new snapshot - poo on the lawn!

THAT WILL NEVER BE A GOOD IDEA
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on June 01, 2013, 10:12:48 AM
I'm using Tapatalk from my phone to read this, and I only see the first couple of words in the new posts feed. I thought for a sec you lot were talking about upcoming features in a new snapshot - poo on the lawn!

THAT WILL NEVER BE A GOOD IDEA

Well, it would make sense what with the horses and all
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

You complain enough about there not being any way to fly in survival mode, imagine if you had to do regular sweeps of all your builds, just for poo?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on June 01, 2013, 01:45:37 PM
You complain enough about there not being any way to fly in survival mode, imagine if you had to do regular sweeps of all your builds, just for poo?

I'm not so worried as animals don't spawn in ocean biomes :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Stare in gaze-mazement at the all-new automagical night-sensing light!

You can find them at the NE corner of the teleportal station, it's about the tightest design I can think of.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, I noticed that light on the weekend.  There's really no way to make a single-block-wide night-only light.  Your design looks cool (I saw it both during the day and at night).  Pretty expensive for materials, hey?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on June 03, 2013, 08:38:33 AM
Yeah, I noticed that light on the weekend.  There's really no way to make a single-block-wide night-only light.  Your design looks cool (I saw it both during the day and at night).  Pretty expensive for materials, hey?

Slimes are easier to come by so sticky pistons aren't as pricey as they once were, redstone lamps are pretty cheap and a daylight sensor is pretty cheap to build

Pretty nice gizmo but probably not for mass production, even with just a 2 lamp design. Also they need to increase the light value of redstone lamps, putting them on poles looks great but doesn't stop beasties from spawning.

What you'll need to build this sucker:

Sticky Piston:
3 wood
1 iron bar
1 redstone
4 cobblestone
1 slime ball

Daylight Sensor:
3 glass blocks
3 nether quartz
3 wood slabs

Block of Redstone:
9 redstone

The rest is cosmetic. I use fences and stairs to fancy it up.

The key to this working is that a sticky piston can be deactivated without being affected by the redstone block but only if it's upside down (?)

On the plus side now we have a super fast way of sending signal downward (using redstone blocks and upside down pistons)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, hostile mobs spawn in light level 7 or lower, redstone lamps put out light level 15 right next to them but if you raise them off the ground that reduces the radius of light that touches the ground.  It's a sphere of light, really.

There are a few light level mods that can show you what block gets what light level, but that still doesn't help - for lightposts to be useful they have to be closer together than if the light source was on the ground.

It's almost better to create an -in-ground automated light system, at least then you'd get the full anti-beastie value from the lights.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful