Minecraft 1.5 has been Released

Started by Mr. Analog, March 14, 2013, 02:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Iron doors, bars and stone buttons exist in Strongholds, though I don't think it would be required to reload those

Also I don't mind NPC villages / mines staying the same, those are the only structures in vanilla that use planks right?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on May 10, 2013, 12:28:10 PM
Things to look for:

Double Chests ( I think the game only generates singles but I could be wrong).
Double Doors
Iron doors
Buttons / Toggle switches?
Ladders?
Steps of any kind or maybe of specific materials? I guess those are used in villages... don't think they are used in any underground structures
Furnace (found in villages but also in the most basic of player homes.

Double chests: good idea, something I haven't gotten around to yet.
Iron Doors: found in dungeons/strongholds a lot
Buttons: eh, I think they can be found in the newer buildings
Levers: I may check for levers, haven't decided
Furnace: I was checking for regular furnaces, then decided to only check for active furnaces.

I'm running a run with the circle fill right now, with a radius of 4, so it should be 8 chunks across (diameter). If that isn't enough, I can expand it some more. Oh, I also removed at least one block type from the list I used to run the last test. We'll see how it goes.

Note, the main reason I'm not checking for some types of items is because they are items, and not blocks (levers!), I have to check in a different place for that info, and I haven't gotten around to scanning that yet.

I'm also going to have to load in player data for the player's positions if it isn't stored in chunks as well.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Go with the SMP radius of 10, things would be less spotty around built up areas I think
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Ok, updated. Please let me know of any more issues :)

It's looking pretty good.

Tom

Lazybones

Probably should add glowstone if scanning the overworld since it isn't natural there. Same goes for any nether block in the over world

Also I don't think power rails ( i only saw detectors in your list) generate but are very common in the rail system.

Trapdoor Might be another one.. I know I use them a lot with ladders, that would not sure if that is a block or an item.

Lazybones

Ok instead of adding things It might be worth looking specifically at these islands and figuring out why they where kept

http://mc.tomasu.org/test/#/-216/64/6482/-6/0/0

Tom

They almost look like nether hops. but that would be annoying farming that much obsidian. It could be someone placed signs or something. Or possibly theres a dungeon/stronghold or something down there. I'll try later to figure out for sure..

Thorin

The circles look kinda funny on the map.

There are still a bunch of little dots of water that could probably be removed.  I think we should check each of those areas to see if there's actually something useful, and if not, then remove it.

I also want to double-check my stuff before we officially switch over.  I'm hoping that you will 1) convert the map, 2) post it online and ask us to check within 48 hours, 3) switch back to the original map, 4) let us mark areas to save (like my giant underground room) with netherrack or similar, 5) convert the map again and switch to the converted map for good.

How much difference is there in map size now?

And what are we doing with the nether?

I know, lots of questions.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

Quote from: Lazybones on May 10, 2013, 02:07:53 PM
Ok instead of adding things It might be worth looking specifically at these islands and figuring out why they where kept

Quote from: Tom on May 10, 2013, 02:11:15 PM
They almost look like nether hops. but that would be annoying farming that much obsidian. It could be someone placed signs or something. Or possibly theres a dungeon/stronghold or something down there. I'll try later to figure out for sure..

More likely they're teleport-hops from a player with op status looking for new land, and they might've placed a bed or sign or something.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on May 10, 2013, 02:13:27 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on May 10, 2013, 02:07:53 PM

Quote from: Tom on May 10, 2013, 02:11:15 PM

More likely they're teleport-hops from a player with op status looking for new land, and they might've placed a bed or sign or something.

Tom you might want to do add the cave render to the map and see if it highlights the cause... we can then remove single items in the original map and run the convert again.

Tom

running the render again with caves and "poi"s. I'm not likely to do much work on it today untill after I've had a nap or something. But I'll put up a new server instance with this map. Then people can take a look around and see whats up.

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on May 10, 2013, 02:12:15 PM
How much difference is there in map size now?
Old map size: 1.8GB
New map size: 588MB

Quote from: Thorin on May 10, 2013, 02:12:15 PM
And what are we doing with the nether?
I'll run it on the nether too. that way we get more quartz.

Tom

I haven't looked at all of the stretch of circles, but the two-three I've looked at have gates.