Minecraft 1.5 has been Released

Started by Mr. Analog, March 14, 2013, 02:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Latest map looks soo good! Man this is a great thing you've made!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Clean it up and sell it to admins of the BIG minecraft servers. ;)

Thorin

So what blocks will you be looking for in the nether?  I'd say torches, stone, stone brick, cobble, gravel, dirt, sand, glass, chests, obsidian, rail, redstone are all good candidates.  And in the nether you might only need to keep the chunk plus a radius of 1 instead of 10.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

It'll be nice to have more land and less water again.  I wonder how the reclaimed parts of the world will fill back in.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I gotta say, so many Minecraft admins would drool over a tool like this.

So cool
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Man, the dynamic mapper's gonna look way different :)

Okay, I've looked around a bit and don't see any of my stuff significantly broken.  You could probably go down to 9 or 8 chunk circles if you wanted to.

I also tried boating on the new, shrunken map and found that non-mapped areas still turned back into ocean.  Does this tool actually completely remove chunks from the map's memory so that it re-creates them?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Might need more testing there could be rules in the world gen to creat mostly similar adjacent land mass with graceful transitions.

I suggest we call the tool Tera-Reformer

LennyLen

Some of those circles that people were curious about are subterranean portals I generated from the nether.

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on May 10, 2013, 05:35:06 PM

Okay, I've looked around a bit and don't see any of my stuff significantly broken.  You could probably go down to 9 or 8 chunk circles if you wanted to.

I also tried boating on the new, shrunken map and found that non-mapped areas still turned back into ocean.  Does this tool actually completely remove chunks from the map's memory so that it re-creates them?
Its running the same version of mc, so it'll generate the exact same terrain.

Tom

Quote from: Tom on May 10, 2013, 08:40:12 PM
Quote from: Thorin on May 10, 2013, 05:35:06 PM

Its running the same version of mc, so it'll generate the exact same terrain.
I said that dead tired and forgot that some of the intervening versions between the land was generated and 1.4.6 may have updated the terrain generation (unless that happened in 1.4.7?). I think maybe the terrain generation may be smart enough to look at existing biomes, so it'll continue with an ocean or river or swamp, but the oceans shouldn't be as large anymore.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on May 10, 2013, 05:14:19 PM
Clean it up and sell it to admins of the BIG minecraft servers. ;)
Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind ;)

at the very least binaries will be put up behind adfly links  >:D

Lazybones

Well on the test instance we can hop in a boat and expand the search to find out if it helps.

If it works you have a tool that is probably worth the add money or even a small fee. I imagine some servers have monster map files from random users wondering out to the unknown.

LennyLen

Quoteoookkaaay. we're up at: mc.tomasu.org:25567

Wouldn't having a test server running the latest version be more pertinent?

Tom

Quote from: LennyLen on May 11, 2013, 10:24:03 AM
Quoteoookkaaay. we're up at: mc.tomasu.org:25567

Wouldn't having a test server running the latest version be more pertinent?
I was far too tired to work on doing an upgrade last night. The test is mainly to see if its ok as is. nothing people care about is missing etc.

I'm currently working on a bit of a refactor to make it easier to add more bits to "keep". Like player locations and map spawn.

append: oh, and also to handle multiple dimensions.