2013-2014 TV season -- trailers for all the major networks' new shows

Started by Darren Dirt, June 03, 2013, 01:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

For me, it all depends on if the shows are on when I happen to be channel-surfing.  I don't bother researching shows before they've aired, and I don't bother reading about new shows unless I've come across them or an advertisement for them during another show (less likely now that I have a PVR that can fast-forward through commercials).

Maybe if a show trends high on TvTorrents I might notice it?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I'm spoiled by quality, so, they better be damn good.

Mad Men is coming down to it's final season (next year, unless they continue into the 70s)

Walking Dead is probably down it's final season as well (zombies are getting tired, both in-show and just as an overall concept)

I'm enjoying Dexter and Breaking Bad but I dunno, if I miss an episode of either I don't lose any sleep.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Funny thing for me is, the only "new" network show from the 2012-2013 season that I have actually gotten into was Hannibal -- and yet that is the only new series that in advance I never even bothered to view any teasers or 2 minute "first episode completely spoiled" preview "trailers".

I remember around a year ago watching the 2 minute trailers for around a dozen total from all 4 major networks, mostly one-hour dramas, and virtually all of them that looked promising = got cancelled PDQ, or else turned out to be meh imo (e.g. Revolution was renewed, apparently It Got Better, but I personally didn't have the patience to endure past episode 2).

Yay for Netflix and cable though, that's for sure. A place for good, rich storytelling and acting, as an alternative to LCD crap that The Suits expect to be profitable (but are clearly WRONG most of the time).

Mr. Analog

I know a few people who absolutely love Hannibal, it's got me intrigued.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 03, 2013, 04:02:32 PM
I know a few people who absolutely love Hannibal, it's got me intrigued.

Truly one of those rare TV series that hits the ground running, meets its potential from the pilot and and has that "flow" immediately; all of the main characters are well-developed right out of the gate, and pretty much don't get ret-conned either of the two most common ways, as the story arc progresses (imo, anyway).