Main Menu

1.6 on Usamot

Started by Thorin, August 30, 2013, 08:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

As opposed to the constant noise of the skeletons?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 30, 2013, 04:35:40 PM
As opposed to the constant noise of the skeletons?
Its just more, regular clicking... It's pretty quick though, and turns off when the dropper is empty.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Tom

Anyone know of a nice conveniently located nether fortress? Hopefully close to the paths leading to/from Thorin's Skelli farm? (my new base is in that area ;D).

I've been wandering for god knows how long now. I have a crap load of glow stone, nether quartz, magma cream, and some ghast tears, but no bloody netherfortress.

I'm thinking of setting up a blaze farm.

LennyLen

QuoteAnyone know of a nice conveniently located nether fortress?

There are two quite close to Nordvang (or at least there was before the map prune).  When I get home tonight, I'll remind myself how to get to them and give instructions.

Thorin

There's also a nice blaze farm in the nether already that was set up by Pantsalot when he was still playing on Usamot. It's southwest, and I think he posted on here about it.

Unless you're really looking to build one?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

LennyLen

The Nether fortress nearest Nordvang does not appear to have a Blaze spawner.  The path that led to the second fortress now has a dead end :(

Thorin

I heard the clicking tonight, didn't bother me at all.

I walked some more horses back to my hotel tonight, passed right by your new base.  Looks nice, I really like the floating glob of ground...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 31, 2013, 03:35:12 AM
There's also a nice blaze farm in the nether already that was set up by Pantsalot when he was still playing on Usamot. It's southwest, and I think he posted on here about it.

Unless you're really looking to build one?
I wanted something close. I'll have to go looking for that one, see if its not too far a walk. The walk to and from the xp farm is already a bit annoying ;D

Quote from: LennyLen on August 31, 2013, 09:03:04 AM
The Nether fortress nearest Nordvang does not appear to have a Blaze spawner.  The path that led to the second fortress now has a dead end :(
I don't think the nether generation changed, so the second fortress is probably still where it was. It just got trimmed in the big 1.5 update.

Quote from: Thorin on August 31, 2013, 11:47:04 PM
I heard the clicking tonight, didn't bother me at all.

I walked some more horses back to my hotel tonight, passed right by your new base.  Looks nice, I really like the floating glob of ground...
And just think, its nearly all natural. All I did was expand it up a bit.

Thorin

Pants's blaze farm is quite a ways south.  In the nether, go further south from where my portals are (bring a minecart, there's a railroad).  Although it takes a while to get there, it's a really nice farm and definitely worth the travel time.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Snowie0wl

Oh, awesome! I got a little discouraged from playing Minecraft in Usamot because it hurt to abandon horses (and donkeys). Will they actually spawn in Usamot? Also I haven't yet found a way to make a chessboard to my satisfaction so I'm going to put that on hold. I'm thinking of a race course now. Would it be possible for me to bring a friend in? If so, his name is Aaran007.

Tom

Quote from: Snowie0wl on September 09, 2013, 02:32:23 AM
Oh, awesome! I got a little discouraged from playing Minecraft in Usamot because it hurt to abandon horses (and donkeys). Will they actually spawn in Usamot? Also I haven't yet found a way to make a chessboard to my satisfaction so I'm going to put that on hold. I'm thinking of a race course now.
You can get horses, but they are rare on existing plains. You will probably have the best luck finding new areas, or at least the area that Thorin found.

Quote from: Snowie0wl on September 09, 2013, 02:32:23 AM
Would it be possible for me to bring a friend in? If so, his name is Aaran007.
If you can guarantee he wont grief, sure.

Griefing may result in an immediate ban.

Tom

I just thought of a potential solution to any pending map reset (at least temporarily).. I can change the map's main spawn point to somewhere in the middle of nowhere. and we keep the teleportals to link them? At least that'd keep us from having to depend on bukkit plugins that may or may not update soon enough.

Separate maps that we could portal to would be nice, as I think it'd be easier on the server... but yeah..

Thorin

Not a bad idea, although we don't have to do that until 1.7, do we?

I really like the idea of keeping one map because then we can go back to old builds.  I just don't know what'll happen with old map seeds in the new terrain generation code.  We'd noticed animals going missing although lately I've been finding animals stuck in water traps and stuff (like, where there's a current that they can't get out of) or just plain wandering away from where they originated (quite a few of the Taj Moo Hal cows were in the water trying to cross over to the Flaming P for no obvious reason).  Animals in captivity haven't been de-spawning.

If we really want a brand new map, then I really like the idea of world-jumping portals from the spawn of one world to the spawn of another.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on September 09, 2013, 02:57:11 PM
Not a bad idea, although we don't have to do that until 1.7, do we?
We don't actually want to do it until after we update.

I really like the idea of keeping one map because then we can go back to old builds.  I just don't know what'll happen with old map seeds in the new terrain generation code.
It's changed enough that there will be some odd chunk borders. Saw some on youtube today. If we go fairly far out, it won't show up all that often.

We'd noticed animals going missing although lately I've been finding animals stuck in water traps and stuff (like, where there's a current that they can't get out of) or just plain wandering away from where they originated (quite a few of the Taj Moo Hal cows were in the water trying to cross over to the Flaming P for no obvious reason).  Animals in captivity haven't been de-spawning.
Hopefully they at least make sure the structure spawning doesn't break.. (ie: witch huts getting their "witch hut" status removed, and thus no witches will spawn, seems to be an issue currently).

If we really want a brand new map, then I really like the idea of world-jumping portals from the spawn of one world to the spawn of another.
Yeah, we'll have to see how that goes.

Mr. Analog

Conversely we can just add a teleport block to some far flung location (not unlike a few weekends ago).
By Grabthar's Hammer