Mincraft Dev in overdrive?

Started by Lazybones, September 05, 2013, 12:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on September 05, 2013, 03:26:28 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on September 05, 2013, 12:33:39 PM
Chest Lables http://imgur.com/a/XhVHY

Seems like new features are going nuts in minecraft.

You guys missed the really important bit of these images.  DOUBLE CHESTS IMMEDIATELY ADJACENT TO EACH OTHER.  When the hell did that come in?
When they added Trapped Chests. You can place them next to each other.

Quote from: Thorin on September 05, 2013, 03:26:28 PM

A separate vanilla server?  Why, just for us to play?  How hard would it be to switch our server back to vanilla?  It's just that it would seem like such a waste of time to build stuff that will then get tossed when Bukkit updates.

It'd be mostly a play map. do as you please kind of thing till bukkit updates. Though with the terrain changes, the transitions on the old map will probably be weird. between new and old map.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Well maybe you should trim the map again with that handy tool you built, once we're ready for 1.7.  But yeah, holy cow they're working hard on adding new stuff.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Thats the thing, the used area is already so large that the trim tool wouldn't get the new stuff all that close.

eventually we'll have to think about a new map. as hard as that may be to swallow for some of us.

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

I recently bought mc pocket for my new nexus 7. not a fan of the controls. :( but it was like $7 so im not buthurt.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on September 05, 2013, 04:19:17 PM
Thats the thing, the used area is already so large that the trim tool wouldn't get the new stuff all that close.

eventually we'll have to think about a new map. as hard as that may be to swallow for some of us.

Have we hit the boundaries yet? Long distances arn't so bad with TP.

Thorin

<covers ears and closes eyes> I CAN'T HEAR YOU! NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH!

I would be very very very very very very very <draws in big breath of air> very very very very sad to lose my giant airplane :(

It's only a few thousand blocks away to unmapped areas, isn't it?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on September 05, 2013, 04:33:39 PM

Have we hit the boundaries yet? Long distances arn't so bad with TP.
There isn't really a limit these days. They fixed "the far lands" bug in beta 1.7 iirc.

Quote from: Thorin on September 05, 2013, 04:34:23 PM

<covers ears and closes eyes> I CAN'T HEAR YOU! NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH!

I would be very very very very very very very <draws in big breath of air> very very very very sad to lose my giant airplane :(

It's only a few thousand blocks away to unmapped areas, isn't it?
noone said the current map had to be deleted.. but at some point we may want to have a fresh map. just something to keep in mind :)

Tom

OOh, I've not seen the deep ocean! That's cool. Imagine the underwater projects :o

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

YES!

I'm glad they've fixed boats.

I mean there was an awful problem with boats/minecarts getting stuck in other blocks for a long time but the solution to break the boat was a bit heavy handed.

These guys rock!
By Grabthar's Hammer