Best Twitch Stream Ever.

Started by Tom, October 29, 2015, 06:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

http://www.twitch.tv/bobross

Yeah. Legit.

They bought the rights to every episode to stream them back to back to promote their new "creative" section.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Twitch has released a new category called Twitch Creative, so rather than streaming just games they are getting in on the wider audience of art streams

They're using Bob Ross (over 8+ days!) as a promotion
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Tom on October 29, 2015, 06:46:47 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/bobross

Yeah. Legit.

They bought the rights to every episode to stream them back to back to promote their new "creative" section.

Sounds like a happy little purchase8)

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 30, 2015, 07:45:22 AM
Twitch has released a new category called Twitch Creative, so rather than streaming just games they are getting in on the wider audience of art streams

They're using Bob Ross (over 8+ days!) as a promotion

Wikipedia says No. of episodes = 403 x 30 minutes each = 200 hours = 8.3 days of non-stop viewing #PassMeTheRedBullPlease

Math!

Sadly, just clicked BobRoss @ Twitch and it is full of non-stop "WEED!" "420!" "Mmmm" in the chat. wtf? Normal for high profile Twitch channels?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on October 30, 2015, 08:49:23 AM
Sadly, just clicked BobRoss @ Twitch and it is full of non-stop "WEED!" "420!" "Mmmm" in the chat. wtf? Normal for high profile Twitch channels?

Yes and no, there are chat moderators, but a handful of people moderating thousands can be a daunting task.

One of the more amusing elements of the livestream election coverage that was held by a number of broadcasters (CBC, CTV, etc) was the atrocious / virtually nonexistent chat moderation, there are video game streams that have better moderation

Big channels usually employ a chat slowdown feature and spam control (no all-caps, no dupe posts, a posting cooldown timer, etc) that usually frustrates jokers enough that the chat settles down.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I noticed the people in the chat were usually pretty on topic yesterday. I'd hear him say or do something, and want to see what the chat had to say, and it was usually on the nose. it was just very spammy. lol.

I think the episodes are deff shorter than 30m, and they seemed to trim off bits at the beginning and end, so I dunno. I think it'll be a lot less than 8 days.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!