Main Menu

upgrading Usamot

Started by Thorin, January 15, 2014, 10:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Mountains, not sure I like the amplified but in general it looks like some cool mountains generate now.

Mr. Analog

Is it possible to set up a temp server and then port the map over later?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Sure, but why would you want to bother? The same seed will always generate the same map in the same version of minecraft.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

I think because he wants to play on it now, but then not lose his builds when it's moved over later...

Okay, I'll watch for mountains when I'm looking for a good seed.  I'm gonna start tonight.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Cool cool :D

I guess it's Starbound tonight for me eh eh eh
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Ooh I got my MagicLauncher updated and started poking around the new version... it's pretty cool

This is going to sound really lame, but the seed STARBOUND is actually a pretty cool world (even though I spawned in a puddle)

Check it out!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Finding a good seed is turning out to be a pain in the neck.  It's hard to find both a mesa and extreme hills close together.  I think I'm giving up.

Savanna Plateaus are kinda cool, though.  And the snow at higher elevations instead of the whole biome is neat, too.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on February 13, 2014, 11:56:28 PM
Finding a good seed is turning out to be a pain in the neck.  It's hard to find both a mesa and extreme hills close together.  I think I'm giving up.

Savanna Plateaus are kinda cool, though.  And the snow at higher elevations instead of the whole biome is neat, too.

Tones of stuff in that reddit sub I linked... just start hitting up key words   I know I sa a mesa / jungle start in their that sounded interesting .. and yes the snow on higher peaks is nice.

Lazybones

jungle and mesa -291665354600984645

Lazybones

small plains spawn with desert and mesa around it...
SEED:
FANCY!

Tom

I heard about a seed that has ALL of the biomes within the 2000x2000 blocks around spawn. All of them. Might have been 4k.. can't remember. but even that is pretty decent.

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on February 15, 2014, 08:37:00 PM
I heard about a seed that has ALL of the biomes within the 2000x2000 blocks around spawn. All of them. Might have been 4k.. can't remember. but even that is pretty decent.

I posted the link a few posts up

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on February 15, 2014, 08:55:52 PM
Quote from: Tom on February 15, 2014, 08:37:00 PM

I posted the link a few posts up
Oh, heh. I also heard about it via a youtube minecraft thing. I didn't bother to check either one out yet though ;)

Lazybones

What is our target? 1.7.4 or 1.7.2 ?