Usamot Transport Authority Update

Started by Mr. Analog, March 18, 2012, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Test it out in creative first I guess, Lazy ran into some issues today, nothing major but frustrating I'm sure.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Careful with server mods... We all know how long updates can take after a new release.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on March 24, 2012, 04:04:26 PM
Careful with server mods... We all know how long updates can take after a new release.
Just said I was tempted ;)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

The current dip stations are the most basic

I have a more compex one in creative mod that needs detector track

I have seen a full auto one using pressure plates but there was no how too to explain the hidden parts.

Most rail tutorials don't work in the current release.

Lazybones

FYI the dip track plan is to go only clockwise at te moment.

Lazybones

All stations have been updated to piston dip stations... Please remove your cart when you arrive at the station and place it in a bin... Some stations have an automatic clearing option however this currently causes carts left behind to stall on the track.

I didn't realize that empty carts can't travel too far from the player before stopping and saving state.

A more advanced and automatic system will be planned, however the current system greatly reduces bouncing carts and lost carts on exit...

There is a sign with directions at each station.

Lazybones

Found an updated pez dispenser tutorial for the powered rails (vs the old cart booster methods).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxPHAZ6Nqn0&feature=related

I figure we could hide one at each station inside the wall, capture and divert cars as they arrive.

The nice thing is that other than powered rail this design is fairly simple for supplies...

Anyway future upgrades....

Mr. Analog

Great job Lazy!

That is a rather ingenious dispensing system, I bet we could bury it and then send the cars up to track level
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Ya I was thinking to build them we would
Build a big machine room under each station with one and there would be steep connecting track to add and remove cars.

Need to figure out a nice auto track switch trigger to remove inbound cars to store

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 25, 2012, 12:44:07 PM
Good plan m'man!

I have a working dispenser in creative mode... It will clear a cart at the station back into the dispenor if an external cart arrives, and if the user orders two carts it will again clear the cart at the station back into the dispenser..

However this is a major upgrade to the stations so there are two issues I am still working on:
1. Solving cart pop when the user exits the cart... I am finding with the piston always powered dip stations this happens frequently so I am trying to solve that with un powered track or some other block to keep the cart in place

2. I want a fully automated release  and or launch with a pressure plate instead of using buttons, however I am finding red stone wiring quarks make this difficult, with the other red-stone wires I already have.

If I can't sort those last two items out I will just upgrade one of the stations with my current pronto-type and see how well it works.

Mr. Analog

I'll start work widening the link between Spawn and Biome I think

Eventually we'll have a two track system
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 27, 2012, 09:13:49 AM
I'll start work widening the link between Spawn and Biome I think

Eventually we'll have a two track system

It could be very tricky to install the dispensers at two track stations just due to proximity.. the station may need to be widened to provide more buffer between the tracks with my current return system and red-stone wiring...

It would be nice having one track for each direction like on most real LRT systems

Mr. Analog

That's what I was thinking, most of my commuting happens between Spawn and Biome :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 27, 2012, 09:17:42 AM
That's what I was thinking, most of my commuting happens between Spawn and Biome :)

Well I am based near beach and currently exploring the Jungle in the north, I ride the whole system regularly.