Usamot Transport Authority Update

Started by Mr. Analog, March 18, 2012, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Raised above ground?  Doesn't it kinda duplicate the subway that already goes right below his place?

Also, enjoy building stations.  I hope your experience is better than mine.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Straight line, north/south

I plan on linking with Melbosa's place if possible

I'm thinking dual track and raised about 20 meters off the ground.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

With support pillars or anything, or just Magical Floating Monorail?  And undulating with the ground, or completely all at one level?  And will there be elevators to raise us to track level? :)

I look forward to seeing what you cook up.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I'm designing it in my brain already :D

t'will be cool (imo)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

UTA is currently repairing damage to Beach Station in the wake of Hurricane Trollface, as well research is going into the "mine cart mystery" (aka where do all the minecarts go?) a crack team of teenagers has been equipped with a great dane and boogie van.

The UTA acknowledges that while introduction of new technologies may have made it obsolete for regular use it still has a duty to provide safe cheap travel for both people and cargo, testing will commence on adapting the system for bulk cargo transfer.

A review of the Nether system is also pending, as it may be possible to ship cargo via rail to and from the nether.

A new link may be made between the Taj Moo Hal of Mootopia and the Fort Flaming P
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Beach Station has been mostly repaired, the mechanism will no longer trap you, however there seems to be extra gravity and the carts sometimes overshoot the loading platform and sometimes do not fall correctly into the cart magazine, I'm going to have to take another look later.

I also added switches to make it impossible to be travelling on the wrong direction rail. There is still a long one-way link between Beach and Pine View.
By Grabthar's Hammer