Minecraft is a time sink, but fun. (my thoughts)

Started by Lazybones, March 19, 2012, 12:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

I find Iron and Coal abundant when Cave Exploring.  More so than my excavations :D
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

That wiki is a godsend.

36 diamonds?  HOLY BLAP.

I finally have some obsidian.  Time to make an obsidian farm...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Man I probably pulled out a stack of coal, at LEAST just connecting my new pad to the rail line. And that was only about 150 blocks away. TONS of coal. I have stacks now. Also pulled out a fair amount of iron which was nice.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on April 02, 2012, 01:33:53 PM
Man I probably pulled out a stack of coal, at LEAST just connecting my new pad to the rail line. And that was only about 150 blocks away. TONS of coal. I have stacks now. Also pulled out a fair amount of iron which was nice.

I noticed that this morning when I was checking out the new Beach station, put a door on that ya crazy kid!

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't happen but your new base connects to a couple cave systems and it is possible (though unlikely) that a mob may spawn and make their way up to the rails...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 02, 2012, 02:37:20 PM
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't happen but your new base connects to a couple cave systems and it is possible (though unlikely) that a mob may spawn and make their way up to the rails...

They have to spawn within an active chunk, and in the dark, but do to glitch they sometimes fall through walls or floors into lit areas... I have ran into them in my house before.

I put doors and hatches on everything... Then at least if I have to run from a creeper that shouldn't be there I can get through a door.

Mr. Analog

Yep, but if Tomasu is mining in his new mine it may mean spawnage, I'm not too too worried about it.

Though the signs made me jump out of the minecart lol (so I could read 'em)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 02, 2012, 03:47:31 PM
Yep, but if Tomasu is mining in his new mine it may mean spawnage, I'm not too too worried about it.

Probably could add a dip station there for now, there are extra pistons in beach stations maintenance room

Tom

Heh. your welcome? ;D

Quote from: Lazybones on April 02, 2012, 03:50:21 PM

Probably could add a dip station there for now, there are extra pistons in beach stations maintenance room
That'd be coo. Though I can fake it, and did to get back to my first base last night.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

All I can think about today is Minecraft - I want to build a suburb by Southern Junction station, and I've got these house designs rolling around in my head.

Damn timesink!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Yeah, once you get playing again the ol' imagination starts firing doesn't it :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah.  My problem is I have multiple builds I'd like to do, and not enough time to do them in.  Maybe if I quit work...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful