US Rail and Charm's Refining Co Build New Railway

Started by Thorin, April 09, 2012, 02:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

For Immediate Release

US Rail and Charm's Refining Co Build New Railway
-- New Railway Connects Spawn City to Frontierlands

Usamot Southern Rail (US Rail) and Charm's Refining Co have agreed on and executed a joint venture to build US Rail's Main Line, Jungle Express, and Frontier Line.  Main Line runs from US Rail's Pineview Station east of Charm's Co Tower south to Southern Junction.  From Southern Junction, Jungle Express runs west and then south past the Gaddrian desert to the Marsupial Jungle, while Frontier Line runs east and then south to Frontier Hotel.

Passengers are invited to ride US Rail's lines at any time, but regret to say that passengers will need to supply their own mine carts at the present time.

Passenger Safety

Passengers are warned that these lines are above-ground and exposed to the elements.  While US Rail values passenger safety above all else, riders are cautioned to remain aware of their surroundings at all times and to remember that they are traveling into wild frontier lands.

If hostiles are encountered and affect the track, first ensure your own safety and then report any damages to the appropriate authority for repairs.

Future Plans

US Rail jointly with Charm's Refining Co have grand plans for improvements upon their joint venture railroad, including increasing perimeter security, building proper switch houses, and creating connecting pedways to Usamot Transportation Authority's (UTA's) Pineview Station, Frontier Hotel, and Great Eastern Mining Co's sand mining offices.

About Charm's Refining Co

Charm's Refining Co was started by LUCKYCH4RMS to assist Minecraftians with smelting and refining ores of all types.  Charm's supplies the coal and furnaces while asking for a percentage of the goods smelted.  Charm's is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the Jungle Express line.

About US Rail

US Rail was started by frontiersman ThorinC to establish a high-speed link to Frontier Hotel and the south in general.  US Rail is responsible for the Main and Frontier lines.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

For Immediate Release

US Rail Enhances Rail Safety
-- Main Line and Frontier Line Fenced For Safety

Usamot Southern Rail (US Rail) has enhanced the safety of it's Main and Frontier lines by fully fencing them all around.  This ensures hostiles are unable to enter the track, other than spiders that can climb over the fence.  During construction, US Rail spent extra money to have hills cut back so that hostiles would not be able to jump over said fence by climbing a nearby hill.

Several gates have been installed to allow passengers to enter and exit the protected zone safely and securely.  These gates are marked by torches on either side.  US Rail is committed to safety and plans to increase the size and composition of the fence such that spiders will not be able to enter the track.

Pictures attached.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

It's, like, 700 blocks long.  So that's about 2,100 cobblestone blocks, 1,400 cobblestone slabs, 1,400 fences, 620 regular rails, 80 powered rails, 70 or so torches, 80 or so redstone torches.

<sigh>

And I want to expand it still to keep the spiders out.  Need about 4,200 more fences :P

And _then_ there's the Jungle Express side to do still.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Also if you guys are done with the rails I'll put 'em back in storage...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I'm just switching out power for regular so that we don't need as much powered rails.  So not totally done with them yet :)  Oh, and then I'm going to turn it into a two-track loop with automated station at each end.  That'll require more track.  But I'll hand you back this stuff and make my own.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

No no, don't worry about it just if you have any left over when you're done bring it back to the Biome Station Maintenance Room

That way we can keep track of our tracks :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

We need a common set of labeled bins for this stuff.. it gets spread out all over... Each station has a maintenance room but I think we need a  larger storage locker somewhere.

I suspect track will always be a popular item.

Thorin

Yeah, I think it would be extremely helpful to have one building in the middle where we can put communal stuff, and where everyone has a chest with their name on it so we can put stuff for specific people there.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I can build a second storey on the free @%&# hut near the spawn.

How's that sound?

I'm also planning a vault for our goodies. Won't be foolproof but will not be visible to outsiders either.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I am thinking something near a neither portal and an existing station would be best that is easy to find... I am not actually sure where the current free stuff building is?

Thorin

Look at the overview map and turn on the signs, then look for "Free @%&#, Yo!" :)

But yeah, connected to stations and nether portals would be great.  UTA's Pineview and US Rail's Pineview are close.  Is there a Nether portal near there?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

There's a nether portal AND spawn station within moseying distance of the Free @%&# Yo / Community Storage facility

GO THERE DROP YOU LOOTZ
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

For Immediate Release

US Rail Enhances Safety Further
-- Main and Frontier Line Fence Expanded

Usamot Southern Rail (US Rail) has enhanced the safety of its Main and Frontier lines by extending the around them.  It is now four meters high with a lip that stops spiders from climbing over.  Riders should now encounter no hostiles anywhere along Main and Frontier lines while riding.

US Rail extends invitations to all inhabitants of Usamot to use its lines to travel into the south.  Minecarts are not yet supplied, so you will need to bring your own.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful