Universal Mob Grinder (Showcase)

Started by Lazybones, December 05, 2012, 12:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I want to know how he sorts them, I thought I saw dispensers in there...

But yeah! Best looking grinder I've ever seen.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I'm guessing there are ocelots hidden in there to scare creepers in one direction, villagers to attract zombies in another direction...  I read somewhere recently that skeletons are attracted to snow golems, maybe?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on December 05, 2012, 07:54:40 AM
impressive... now do that in SMP :P

Looking at the size of Mr. A's city and Thorin's stockpiles of resources we could do it as a community I am sure.

Mr. Analog

Aww yeah, actually watching that vid led me to another mob grinder that I could easily build as a skyscraper type building.

I need to do some serious mining though, somewhat low on resources lately
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 05, 2012, 11:45:44 AM
I need to do some serious mining though, somewhat low on resources lately

What kind of resources do you need?  I've got four large stockpile locations now, and I'm at that stage where I'm thinking of building a large underground 100-chest bunker, or something.

Oh, and I've got three or four little stockpiles, too (two to three chests' worth).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Half the fun is mining it :D

I'm going to build grinders in something that look like cooling towers and build a power plant.

I'm also really considering hooking up automated lights so they come on at night. I REALLY wish we had Redpower or something for even just the redstone alloy wire...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Automatic lights would be very cool!  What would you use for your on/off switch?  If it's the villager/bed idea, you'll need those switches every few chunks so that the chunk is loaded for the villager to go to bed...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

dammit spent the last 30 minutes watching light sensor tutorials...

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 05, 2012, 12:04:02 PM
Half the fun is mining it :D

Yes, I concur, although when you're in an area low on resources and high on underground lakes, lava lakes, caverns, etc, it can be a bit more time-consuming.  Finding a double-vein of diamond, though, and having your Fortune III pick with you?  Priceless!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Melbosa

Today looks like a good old Minecraft day...
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Melbosa on December 05, 2012, 01:19:47 PM
Today looks like a good old Minecraft day...
Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 05, 2012, 01:28:00 PM
I hear ya there...

Yah.  Maybe we should do some joint mining tonight...  Ping me on Skype or GoogleTalk or Live Messenger or through the forums if / when you're on.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I'm about 500 views away from 400,000 unique visits on my art site, I may be doing some arts tonight.

I've been kind of quiet on that account lately and only get about 125 visits a day, so I need to get my butt in gear.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

So I should spin up a Selenium session to hit your deviantArt site from 500 different browsers so you'll crafty-miney? :P
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful