What Did You Mine or Craft Tonight?

Started by Thorin, December 08, 2012, 02:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I spent about three hours travelling around the map with carrots, potatoes, and bone meal.  I managed to plant some in Spawn City at various people's houses, ever in Edge City, down in South Leenton, over by DerekVPierce's place, even down by Pants & Blank's place.  I got to travel the world and see what's out there (and there's some pretty cool stuff, like the waterslide and pool with hot tub made by Gizmo, Leenie, Stormey, and YellowBear).  So if you were growing wheat somewhere, have a look to see if there's a couple of blocks of potatoes and a couple of blocks of carrots growing there.

Hopefully everyone finds their farmer's surprise near their place and can use it.  Next time I'm on, I think I'll either mine a bunch or start building my underground village in that giant underground room I dug out.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Sadly nothing :( I got caught up with a build at work :(((
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I fell asleep after dinner, which means I have a lot of work to do today!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

I made an anvil and repaired some of my diamond tools.

Mr. Analog

Woo yeah, I finally got enough iron to do the same!

I can't wait until we can enchant books
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

you needed iron?

I have probably 20 stacks, or more!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Mr. Analog

Hah, I forgot about my secret stash, somewhere, beyond the sea...

;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on December 10, 2012, 01:04:27 AM
Quote from: Thorin on December 10, 2012, 01:02:43 AM

you needed iron?

Rich bastid.

Well it helps to just dig giant mines when you can't think of anything else to do.  I kinda like the familiarity and repetitiveness of properly-spaced mining tunnels...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 10, 2012, 09:42:07 AM
Quote from: Tom on December 10, 2012, 01:04:27 AM
Quote from: Thorin on December 10, 2012, 01:02:43 AM

you needed iron?

Rich bastid.

Well it helps to just dig giant mines when you can't think of anything else to do.  I kinda like the familiarity and repetitiveness of properly-spaced mining tunnels...
When a person digs massive mines like that and barely gets any diamonds, one gets very tired and bored of doing such things.

Mr. Analog

I dig relatively small mines (ignoring my first mine)

If you dig between level 5-10 you'll find big clumps of them, sometimes I find more diamond than iron down there, which is annoying when you are trying to make stuff like anvils.

Digging under the lowest levels of lava makes life a lot easier too.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

lol

Mine where your feet are at level 11 and have a Fortune-enchanted pick with you for when you find diamonds.  I have a pattern where my mineshafts have three blocks between them, then the next level is offset by two, so pretty much every block gets seen.

I usually come across lava at feet=11 and more often than not find diamond hanging over a lava lake - that requires a lot of work to get them!

I'm starting to think about digging chunk-sized mines, right now I measure out 50 or 100 blocks without caring how many chunks I'm in.  And once you find the diamonds in a chunk, you have to go into another chunk to find more.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I've been thinking about strip mining as well, but the quarry holes are pretty ugly (from tekkit experience!)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

The thing about mining is that each chunk only has so many resources in it, so if you're trying to get non-cobble resources then you probably want to mine in multiple chunks.  Strip mining, especially if you turn it into a deep quarry, tends to stay in one or two chunks.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I guess once you're done you can always just add a single block layer of dirt leaving a nice landscape and a nasty surprise for anyone with a spade  >:D
By Grabthar's Hammer