Newyears Fireworks Party?

Started by Tom, December 21, 2012, 03:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Was wondering if anyone wanted to have a massive minecraft fireworks party for newyears? :)

I saw some cool randomizers setup to fire off a crap load of fireworks, and it might be interesting to set up :D
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Sounds fun but I'll be away from the compooter that night :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

WAT? How dare you have a life! ;)

Could schedule it for the day before or the day after. :) it'd have been awesome to actually have it right on newyears eve night. But I didn't really expect that to happen.

Mr. Analog

We'll see what's goin' on I guess
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I like the idea but won't be available on New Year's Eve for sure.  Around here, they do family fireworks starting around 8:30pm.

The day before or the day after would be cool.  If we do it, someone with decent hardware has to record it, though.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Guess I better re-install FRAPs haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I've been gathering resources to make fireworks over at Grand Central Terminal (not to be confused with Grand Central Station, which is underground).

Remember, the explosions only happen if you make a firework star and put it in your firework rocket when you're crafting your firework rocket.

Firework stars are gunpowder + dye and will explode the colour of the dye.  You can also add glowstone dust, feathers, gold nuggets, or even diamonds to the firework star to make them burst in certain patterns.  The more gunpowder, the bigger the explosion.

Once you have your firework star made, firework rockets are firework star on top of paper on top of gunpowder.  The more gunpowder, the higher the rocket goes before exploding.  You can also put more than firework star in the rocket and get multiple explosions.

Rockets can be fired by right-clicking the ground with them, or by being dispensed.  If we're going for a real show, we should set up a few dispensers with buttons, or pressure plates to run across!  I know a guy who has a few extra bows to make dispensers with >cough<
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 25, 2012, 01:31:48 PM
I've been gathering resources to make fireworks over at Grand Central Terminal (not to be confused with Grand Central Station, which is underground).

Remember, the explosions only happen if you make a firework star and put it in your firework rocket when you're crafting your firework rocket.

Firework stars are gunpowder + dye and will explode the colour of the dye.  You can also add glowstone dust, feathers, gold nuggets, or even diamonds to the firework star to make them burst in certain patterns.  The more gunpowder, the bigger the explosion.

Once you have your firework star made, firework rockets are firework star on top of paper on top of gunpowder.  The more gunpowder, the higher the rocket goes before exploding.  You can also put more than firework star in the rocket and get multiple explosions.

Rockets can be fired by right-clicking the ground with them, or by being dispensed.  If we're going for a real show, we should set up a few dispensers with buttons, or pressure plates to run across!  I know a guy who has a few extra bows to make dispensers with >cough<
Maybe we could set up some redstone randomizers \o/

Mr. Analog

I may be on for this, I think I'll be changing new years plans, not sure yet
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, just make sure you don't expect me to be on on New Year's Eve, as I definitely won't be! :P  We could do it the 30th, though, that'd be cool?

Man, I'm already jumping ahead and planning out what types of fireworks to make and what types of groupings to fire them off in!  You know, things like three rockets with flight duration 1 burst 1, then one rocket with flight 2 burst 2 fired 10 ticks later.  Just like real fireworks where they have stuff all timed!

We should make some bleachers near spawn and turn on snow just before the fireworks start so it can be like a good Canadian new year's!

Anyway, off to a Christmas family party.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

We need more gunpowder to make lots of fireworks.  So I tried making a mob spawning room after watching a tutorial.  It didn't work :(  I've done a bunch of creeper hunting and gotten some more, but nowadays they don't always drop gunpowder (and sometimes they drop multiple).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

I wonder how many netherstars we should try and collect :o

Thorin

The nether star isn't used in fireworks, just in beacons.  So if we're talking about fireworks (since that's this thread), we won't need any nether stars.

We need a bunch of blaze powder to make fire charges to make large explosion fireworks.  The fire charges also require gunpowder, so there's another need for gunpowder.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 26, 2012, 07:48:16 PM
The nether star isn't used in fireworks, just in beacons.  So if we're talking about fireworks (since that's this thread), we won't need any nether stars.

We need a bunch of blaze powder to make fire charges to make large explosion fireworks.  The fire charges also require gunpowder, so there's another need for gunpowder.
I could swear it did something as a modifier.

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful