Newyears Fireworks Party?

Started by Tom, December 21, 2012, 03:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Gunpowder takes way too long to gather now that creepers don't always drop it.

I've got 96 firework rockets made:

4 Flower groups (each group is 3 level I green small ball rockets + 1 level II red large ball rocket)

4 Sparkling Flower groups (each group is 3 level I green small ball rockets + 1 level II yellow large ball crackling rocket)

4 Stars groups (each group is 2 level I yellow star shape rockets + 2 level II blue star shape rockets)

4 Trailing Stars groups (each group is 2 level I yellow star shape rockets + 2 level II blue star shape trailing rockets)

4 Popcorn Wall groups (each group is 4 level I white burst crackling rockets)

4 Sky Giants groups (each group is 1 level III white-fade-to-blue large ball rocket + 1 level III blue-fade-to-yellow large ball rocket + 1 level III yellow-fade-to-red large ball rocket + 1 level III red-fade-to-white large ball rocket)

I have also erected some temporary viewing stands: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/96/64/48/max/0/0 (if it doesn't show, use: http://tomasu.org:8123/?worldname=righteouswrath&mapname=surface&zoom=6&x=96&y=64&z=48).

No creeper-head fireworks yet, and I'm pretty much out of paper and gunpowder for now.  I've used over six stacks of gunpowder so far!  Oh, and I had to go to Pants's blaze farm to collect blaze rods to make blaze powder to make the large ball rockets.  I have to say, it took me a couple of tries to get a hang of the Crusher / Reset buttons, but once I figured out what did what it worked like a charm!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I have a large stockpile of gunpowder in a few locations.

where do you want it gathered?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

There should be nearly 30 gunpowder in the chest at Grand Central

I have more but running Minecraft in browser was getting ... unstable.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

In the chest at Grand Central is a good place :)  Thank you, maybe I'll put together some level II rockets.  I need to start thinking about the firing mechanisms.  Do you have Fraps installed yet?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

No not yet, haven't had a lot of energy for some reason
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

What you need is a kilogram-sized Dairy Milk chocolate bar, like my son got.  It's well over a foot, possibly two feet long.  Nibble on that and you're bound to have energy!  And when the spike drops and you feel loagey, eat more!

Probably not good for the waistline, but hey, holidays.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I got a bunch of new gym gear so I'll burn it off I'm sure

Just had the blahs lately
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Any suggested time for the event? I see mostly negative posts about time.

Tom

It was originally scheduled for last night, but Thorin wasn't ready, and we were all busy on the FTB server. So who knows. Not tonight thats for sure.

Thorin

Quote from: Thorin on December 25, 2012, 02:19:07 PM
Yeah, just make sure you don't expect me to be on on New Year's Eve, as I definitely won't be!

Hmm, so here I am about to log in to Usamot...

Lets do this 9pm MST Jan 1st, 2013.  I just need someone to record.  I'm still busy putting together all the launching dispensers (although that shouldn't take more than an hour, I'm down to running the redstone).  And then I'll make more fireworks with however much gunpowder and paper I have (I think I have two and a half stacks more gunpowder now).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

goddammit, 28 of my firework rockets went missing!  I'm going to /give myself the required gunpowder, paper, colours, and fire charges to re-create them.

this sucks.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 31, 2012, 11:13:57 PM
goddammit, 28 of my firework rockets went missing!  I'm going to /give myself the required gunpowder, paper, colours, and fire charges to re-create them.

this sucks.
How in the crap did that happen? :( someone "borrow" them?

Thorin

I really don't know, all I know is I had four of every kind for a total of ninety-six, and today I only had sixty-eight.  Anyway, all fixed now.

I am completely ready for this - I have built grandstands, I have built a launch house to launch the fireworks from, I have crafted one hundred and seventy two fireworks of various kinds.  All I need is someone to record it for me, since I'll be in the launch house.

The grandstands are at x: +100, z: +53 (http://tomasu.org:8123/?worldname=righteouswrath&mapname=surface&zoom=6&x=100&y=64&z=53)

So...  who will be on at 9pm MST Jan 1, 2013?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful