WANTED: Spider Spawner

Started by Mr. Analog, September 12, 2013, 10:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I need to build a string factory badly

I want to start making wool blocks en masse for ... airships and stuff and I think the fastest way may be to farm spiders (for both XP and string possibly).

Has anyone encountered a spider spawner recently?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

There's a bunch somewhere between my two bases. I made a long path from my old mine (beside the command block), to the area where my new base is in, and theres a lot of abandoned mines and caves with many spawners in there. I'm sure theres at least a couple spider spawners.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Cool! Well if you have co-ords that would be great.

Thanks man
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Dang, I just learnt you can't push monster spawners with pistons

I had a clever plan to move a mob spawner to where I wanted it lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 12, 2013, 10:59:54 AM
Cool! Well if you have co-ords that would be great.

Thanks man
Hm, I might have some in the pictures I put up in my "weekend adventure" thread. I think I kept coords up on purpose for those.

Thorin

You want to build this?

http://youtu.be/17kPVaR3wOE

And I think having 500 sheep in a big pen and just running around shearing them all may well get you just as much wool just as fast.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Just be aware that a beefy grinder /will/ cause some lag. Thorin's dual skelli grinder was causing 150% cpu use or higher while he was idling. That said the lag at the time was not horrible, actually it was rather manageable, but I'm not sure what digital ocean's policy on excessive cpu use is.

Thorin

I don't have a dual skelly grinder.  I do have a single-skelly-dual-zombo grinder.  It fills up way too fast.

Anyway.

I know building drop farms like this is fun, but if you're looking for wool right away I have some I can send your way...  I'm always willing to support the Architects of Usamot :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on September 12, 2013, 02:07:02 PM
I don't have a dual skelly grinder.  I do have a single-skelly-dual-zombo grinder.  It fills up way too fast.
:P

The point stands ;)

I bet that thing will hit the server wide mob cap pretty quickly. Then there'll be no mobs anywhere else, even at night, so long as that chunk is loaded. The scarriest part will be when that chunk unloads and all of a sudden the chunks with players in them will see a huge influx of mobs at night.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on September 12, 2013, 01:55:45 PM
You want to build this?

http://youtu.be/17kPVaR3wOE

That's a cool design, I'll see if I can build something like that later
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

There's a spider spawner at 1713, 12, -6872.

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Thanks for the co-ords!

Mmmm rails!
By Grabthar's Hammer