Minecraft over the Christmas holidays

Started by Thorin, December 10, 2013, 11:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

So I'm taking a couple of weeks off from work and going to the US to visit my sister.  I will have a computer and internet access and I hope to put in some semi-serious hours playing Minecraft.  I have a couple more buildings to plop into Southern Junction (http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-17/64/608/-1/0/0), and I think I'm going to collect more gunpowder to put on another fireworks show at or near New Year's.

Anyone else think they'll be minecrafting this December, or have you all switched over to Starbound?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Will be out visiting family during the week of Christmas so probably not.

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Lots of games playing this holiday season

I was playing Starbound last night and then ended up playing some L4D2 last night

Over the weekend I started Starbound and beat 4 worlds in Super Mario 3D World as well as finished a fairly big project in our common build area in Minecraft. Seriously, check it out :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Who's up for some Minecraft this weekend?
By Grabthar's Hammer

kdevil

I might be able to, but for the last couple weeks my schedule has been pretty crazy.  I'm usually on for a bit around 2AM, slowly working my way towards bedrock at the quarry (down to level 49!).

Mr. Analog

Nice!!

it takes a long time to mine out a large area, that's for sure

I have some vacation time coming up as well and I want to get a lot of gaming in. I had an idea for a new build that would ask players trivia and stuff (without using command blocks)

I have to map it out, but it would be like a maze within a maze!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I want to finish my project at the building area. but I guarantee nothing. NOTHING!

Mr. Analog

Neeeeed some help?

Maybe Minecraft this weekend?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I may be interested :) we'll see. It won't take a heck of a lot of work to finish mind you. its not a large build by any stretch of the imagination.

Mr. Analog

You gotta check out my little house :)

GOTTA

In particular the amazing lamp I made, it has two modes! Both off and on!

AMAZING!

;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

It appears that the two days I tried to give my arm a rest, was mostly ineffective, it has now spread to my hand. boooo. I may or may not play.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on December 13, 2013, 11:32:00 AM
It appears that the two days I tried to give my arm a rest, was mostly ineffective, it has now spread to my hand. boooo. I may or may not play.

Oddly enough if the pain lasts for more than a couple days after resting you may be dehydrated

Drink water and take an pain medication or an anti-inflammatory (asperin/tylenol,  motrin). Remember coffee / pop / sports drinks are diuretic and work against hydration, so avoid those. I have to be careful of my coffee intake because of this and find I actually get weakness in my wrists if I get too dehydrated (among other things, like feeling overly tired). Dehydration is surprisingly common and has a lot of side effects I wasn't aware of until I went on diuretic medication...

If there is visible swelling, you definitely want to take an anti-inflammatory. With the cold weather it may be arthritic symptoms (I wouldn't be surprised with all the cold weather) something to discuss with the doctor.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I'm 99% sure its RSI. It happens regularly if I do regular 12hr shifts using the keyboard and mouse. and it slowly spreads from my arm down into my hand. Last doctor I talked to about it just said get a hand brace and take it easy.

I used to take a week off (basically did nothing but watch old tv shows and anime) to make sure it was healed up, but I have a deadline next friday and I absolutely can't miss it. so I'm going to try and pick up a hand brace tonight. But yes, I'll take some anti-inflamitories, I didn't think of it untill like a few minutes before you posted. interesting how that works. and I'll top up on water, and not drink so much caffeine and see if it all helps. I do actually drink upwards of 1-2L of water a day normally. even when not drinking cola, I drink a lot of water. always thirsty.

Thanks for the tips :)

Mr. Analog

If it is RSI you really should get a brace, or at least talk to your doctor about it
By Grabthar's Hammer