Minecraft over the Christmas holidays

Started by Thorin, December 10, 2013, 11:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Yeah, sometimes I just over do it. It's all the starbound, work, and working on my LuaGlue project. For days I was constantly on the keyboard and mouse.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Yea but I'm saying if RSI is taking you out for a week there is treatment you can get for it (I work with a lot of people who also have RSI)

For some people all it takes is a mousepad with a rest to eliminate the problem.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

if it keeps getting worse I'll have to go see the dr. can't even remotely afford to take the next week off. now, christmas? for sure.

regular hours on the computer aren't normally an issue. like 8rhs for 5 days doesn't bug me. take each evening off and the weekend, and woo. well most of the weekend.

Mr. Analog

I just hate to see people suffer with stuff like this thinking it will go away on its own. I have friends who suffered with wrist pain for years before finally getting it sorted out.

Like I say if it's knocking you out of work for a week there's a problem. And when a problem comes along? You must whip it!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, this is why the wrist brace ;) I'll be getting one tonight at the latest.

Its fun too. its not just wrist pain. it starts as this dull ache in my forearm, then works its way down and starts to burn in my hand, and eventually the skin on my arm and right half of my hand gets super sensitive, like little electric shocks... :o yeah, its probably pretty bad at that point. BUT it rarely happens anymore. this is the first time its been this bad in probably over two years. Still though I have to get it looked at for sure now.

Mr. Analog

Ouch, sounds painful!

Yeap I would book an appointment for January now, with all the Flu around you probably wouldn't be able to get in to see the doc for a few weeks anyway.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

It isn't like super painful, its more annoying. I /could/ keep using it. but it's best I don't. My livelyhood depends on it, and even if it didn't, a bunch of my hobbies depend on my arms not being useless :)

My aunt got really bad RSI working as a cashier at safeway. totally ruined her hand. multiple surgeries just to make it so she could at least move her fingers. there is no way I'm going to let it get that bad.

Thorin

I might be on sometime this weekend.  I've found a few hours yesterday and an hour today to do some mining and getting some books together to build a library.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Nice!

The main problem is cows I would guess?

Or I guess you could find a stronghold and raid it's library?
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

I have Christmas day off, so maybe I'll play then.

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 13, 2013, 11:28:55 AM
You gotta check out my little house :)

GOTTA

In particular the amazing lamp I made, it has two modes! Both off and on!

AMAZING!

;)

Okay, I checked it out and that was absolutely AWESOME!  Now I understand why it took you so long.  For those not sure where this is, you can take the Tele-Portal from Grand Central Terminal (in Spawn City: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-3/64/18/max/0/0) to Builderton (where we built a few new things: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-861/64/-530/max/0/0), then go check out the little house: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-859/64/-638/max/0/0.  Go inside, flip the lightswitch, then go explore.

Mr. A, I couldn't figure out how to get the iron doors open so I brought along levers and planted them - I removed them afterwards.

And I understand now why it took you so long to build that little house!

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 13, 2013, 03:23:10 PM
Nice!

The main problem is cows I would guess?

Or I guess you could find a stronghold and raid it's library?

I've built my library.  Turns out I had about a hundred leather, which was enough for the books I needed for the bookshelves.  It looks pretty good, too.  Gotta wait for the overviewer to update - and maybe another day I'll post pictures of the inside.  It has a little reading corner and everything :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

There should have been an item frame with a lever in it at the start. you can take the lever around with you,maybe I should add iron blocks where the locks would go

Holy moley I'll have to log in and check it out

Also that's a lot of leather to have lying around!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

if anyone is up today, I think I may work on my build today, I have a few hours to put in for work since I took friday off, but I for sure have time to play!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on December 15, 2013, 10:55:18 AM
if anyone is up today, I think I may work on my build today, I have a few hours to put in for work since I took friday off, but I for sure have time to play!

Cool yes!

It may take me away from Starbound :-)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 15, 2013, 10:56:33 AM
Quote from: Tom on December 15, 2013, 10:55:18 AM

Cool yes!

It may take me away from Starbound :-)
We can't have that :o must STARBOUND ALL THE THINGS.