Let's Kill the Ender Dragon

Started by Mr. Analog, January 02, 2014, 09:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

We've talked about doing this before (last year?) but who's in for some dragon killin'?

I'm sure we can all get tooled up with fancy gear. I can go into potion brewing overdrive for buffs, really at this point we just need ender pearls to fill the frame

Any brave souls out there wanna try this on the weekend?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Friday night is the Oilers game from 8pm to 11pm.  I'd have no problem skipping it to kill the Ender Dragon.

Saturday is ringette, I wouldn't be available until 10:30pm.  That's a really late start, though.

Sunday's got some ringette, but I could join in after 4pm or so.

Potions would be awesome.  I can probably provide some Power III or higher bows plus an incredible amount of arrows.  Also, magic diamond armour and such :)  We should all put as much extra stuff in an ender chest as possible, and then build an ender chest in the End when we first get there.  Also also, I could try and get a helper or two to join in...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Sounds good, if I can find some time tonight I'll start a-brewing splash healing potions

We need to pool Ender Pearls so i can craft Ender Eyes. If you have some leave them in the first floor chest in the small house near Spawn
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

How many Ender Pearls do you need?  I have a dozen or so...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

12 or less, I think a few slots have been filled already but I'm not sure.

If you're on the server you can find the portal under the hut here:
http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-557/64/542/max/0/0
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

We have 6 potions of regeneration and ... just over a chest of splash Heal II (I think there's something like 36?)

Next up is armor and there are TONS of enchanting books and I'm sure everyone has diamonds

Also got the End Portal Frame working... I also accidentally FELL INTO IT... le sigh
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

We'll want a couple of enderchests. one just outside the portal, and one near spawn in the end. just in case.

Bows with infinity would be very helpful, and of course decent armour.

Invis potions can be helpful if you want to snipe at the dragon.

Oh, and if you want to hide, grab a jackolantern and wear it as a helmet.

Mr. Analog

We need power III bows and armour protection III at least.

The strat should be two parts, one group of archers taking out healing crystals and a group of people keeping up the healing potions / watching the archers backs

Then when we get rid of enough healing crystals hammer on the dragon with bows, if it swoops in scatter while keeping up the shots

In the second half don't clump up

I think it takes 10 headshots from a power III bow to kill it, it doesn't sound hard if there aren't any heals around, but still the thing is relentless

We should also get swords with fire aspect, if you hit en enderman with it it will de-aggro and teleport away
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I could set up my beacon and put on some regen magic :o have to do it far underground though, and noone ever ever go near that level so the dragon doesn't destroy it :-x

Though I don't think that's necessary. The dragon is fairly easy to beat with enough people, or with the right strategy.

Mr. Analog

I guess it depends on how many people join the fight
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I've seen one or two people "solo" the dragon. Just gotta keep moving and be a really good bow shot. One guy I think was able to snipe most of the crystals from the ground.

Mr. Analog

Yeah you don't want to climb those towers, the explosions will knock you off every time

The only way to do it is snipe from the ground.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 03, 2014, 09:18:49 AM
Yeah you don't want to climb those towers, the explosions will knock you off every time

The only way to do it is snipe from the ground.

Occasionally they are too high off the ground to reliably snipe. It helps if you have other people to lure the dragon while another goes for a crystal. Or you wait till its across the map, and pillar up. or enderpearls.

Mr. Analog

The danger isn't the dragon when using the nerd pole strat, it's the explosive force of the crystal + fall damage

One way that was recommended was to use TNT that would give you a little time to get out of the way at least
By Grabthar's Hammer