Let's Kill the Ender Dragon

Started by Mr. Analog, January 02, 2014, 09:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I did a little work, and some stuff for me, and went to visit the cat I'm adopting, but doing all of that meant staying up 24 hours+.... ah well.

Note to anyone and everyone, the Petcettera in Millwoods town center is HORRIBLE. DO NOT GO THERE. It should probably be shut down. Check out the reviews for it on google. Wow. The cat I'm adopting was over fed, its a darn good thing that's the only thing that's wrong.

Be warned. I will have pictures of cats soon.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Cat pictures? On the internet? Is that allowed? ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

You know, I should check with the Association of Internet Rule Mongers.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 06, 2014, 08:33:51 AM
Pretty much the only thing I did this weekend was play MC and sleep

Like, look at this mine, this is all Saturday:
http://mc.tomasu.org/#/324/64/9/max/0/2

Also I got addicted to the mob grinders for a while, which is how I broke Thorin's anvil I think, the sad thing is I didn't even get any good enchantments

But I have enough diamonds to make all new diamond gear, I just need the enchants to put on them.

That's a fair bit of digging you did there :)  Don't worry about the anvil, they're made to be used.  Which mob grinder were you at?  And what enchantments did you end up getting that weren't good?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Your skeleton farm, it's the only one I know where it is, I'm sure there are posts with the other ones but I didn't want to tab out

Crappy enchants like Power II, Aqua Affinity, Thorns, etc

I managed to gear up my diamond sword and pick though, I like that you can pile on enchants or upgrade existing ones.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Oh, were you doing the books?

Next time we're both on, I'll show you where the Super XP Farm is, it goes at more than double the speed (you'll be more than doubly-addicted :) ).  Although the drop trap makes it so that the skeletons have one hit point (die in one hit) and the zombies have two hit points (die in two hits), so it's kinda annoying in that a single whack doesn't always get you xp.  But hey, just click lots - mice are replaceable.

There are a lot of books with lower-level enchantments in them at the Super XP Farm.  I know that you can combine two enchanted items with the same enchantment at the same level and it'll bump it up a level, I wonder if that's possible with books.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Ooh, cool yeah that sounds fun!

I was combining low level enchants on my crappy gear, just to see what it would do.

One thing which is a bit of a swizz is you have to spent XP to enchant the book AND THEN you have to spend XP to put it on the item... kind of double dipping XP makes no sense to me.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 06, 2014, 11:57:00 AM
One thing which is a bit of a swizz is you have to spent XP to enchant the book AND THEN you have to spend XP to put it on the item... kind of double dipping XP makes no sense to me.

Yes, but adding the enchantment from a book is pretty cheap plus you get to pick the enchantments.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Snowie0wl

Plans to slay the Ender Dragon-> Pictures of kitties??? I see the allegro.cc in here.
If you haven't slain the Ender Dragon yet, I'd like in too.

Mr. Analog

Yeah definitely still interested

We should schedule a date/time and try for it again!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Friday (today) I'm busy until 11:30pm.  Saturday I'm busy until 11:30pm.  Ringette tournament.  Sunday I'm busy until 7:30pm if we make it into the final, or I'm available after 12pm if we don't.  And Saturday during the day I'm busy as well :(

Next weekend Friday, Saturday, Sunday evenings I'm open, though.  Jan 31 to Feb 2.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Next Friday I'm OOT, the rest of the weekend may work tho
By Grabthar's Hammer

Snowie0wl

I will probably be watching most of the Super Bowl tomorrow (starts at 3:30 PM PST, lasts maybe four hours) if an attempt will be made tomorrow.