Server Status 1.17 OLD

Started by Tom, March 17, 2012, 07:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Lazybones

I have SHRUNK the over world dimension map removing chunks that have been occupied less than 3 min. This has reduced the world folder for the over world by close to 1/4 so it should be good for performance.

You likely will not notice any difference in game but the impact on the over world map is clearly visible.

Pre Trim
You cannot view this attachment.

Post Trim

I will leave touching the nether until 1.16 is released and I can upgrade.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 16, 2020, 06:40:43 PMWow!

Yes the majority of the over world was explored but not frequently occupied space.. Checking the location of all players it looks like we have strong occupied space around everyone's bases so I don't think anyone will miss anything.

Really looking forward to the nether update.. It should COMPLETELY change the nether into a place you want to explore.

Thorin

Thanks for shrinking the map.  I don't see any problems with it, like you said, a large part of it was from people walking to their Forever Homes™.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

I have setup a Text and Voice channel on the RW Discord server.

The text channel has a bot that will announce when the number of players on the server changes and who is online.

If you have not been invited to the discord server just let me or melbosa know.

Edit:

Added a few data packs, here is the full list currently on the server

Mods / Datapacks:
Disable Hostile Grief
One Player Sleep v3
TreeCapitator V2.5.4
AFK display v1.0.1 (player text turns grey)
Sethome v1.3.0 (teleport home)
Double Shulker shells v1.2.0
Durability Ping v1.1.0
More Mob Heads v2.3.0
Player Head Drops v1.0.0

Lazybones

There are two free ender chests, Silk touch picks (needed to move placed ender chests) and two free shulker boxes in the safe T hut.

Mr A I directly delivered these to your little house as you live so close to our base.

Mr. Analog

Woo! Thank you!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 22, 2020, 04:10:41 PMWoo! Thank you!

Shulker boxes are portable storage, which is super handy for large builds as they can greatly expand what you can put in your personal inventory. They can also be dyed if you don't like the default purple.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on March 22, 2020, 04:13:39 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 22, 2020, 04:10:41 PMWoo! Thank you!

Shulker boxes are portable storage, which is super handy for large builds as they can greatly expand what you can put in your personal inventory. They can also be dyed if you don't like the default purple.
That's awesome! I better think of another big build.

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Lazybones

Server Version:  1.16.1

The server has been updated and neither has been trimmed / reset.

I also did a full optimization run on the files so all chunk files should be the latest version.

This is what the neither looked like in mcselector before trim

This is what it looked like in mcselector AFTER trim

This is what the neither looked like in overviewer before trim.

This is what the neither looked like in overviewer  after trim.

IF overviewer gets updates or glitches I will regenerate the maps. It doesn't support any of the new 1.16 block types yet so it isn't going to render the nether great to begin with.

PLEASE check your bases, as usual I will consider a rollback for up to about a week as long as it doesn't wreck builds, however with mcselector I might even be able to export and patch maps in that case.

LennyLen

The tunnel I had in the Nether connecting my base with the outpost here has been wiped out in the update, but it's no problem. I can remake it.

Lazybones

Quote from: LennyLen on June 25, 2020, 06:24:48 AMThe tunnel I had in the Nether connecting my base with the outpost here has been wiped out in the update, but it's no problem. I can remake it.

Did it have any torches or other distinctive blocks I could use to filter for it? The portal should still be there.