Main Menu

FALLOUT 4

Started by Mr. Analog, June 02, 2015, 11:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 29, 2015, 09:33:41 PM
So a GT640 and an HD6850 are not considered "mid-range"?

What would you really be looking for?

a GT640 is low end now :( a 6850 might be considered low-mid, I literally had to put all of the gfx settings on low to get 60fps

I'm probably looking for mid-high range last gen... Like a r9-280, or a Geforce GTX-880 class card. Basically want to get the best I can for $250ish. Though I'm willing to spend a bit more for an excellent deal on a higher end card.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Tom

Actually, I'm kindof looking at a 390 now. I think I can manage to justify $400~

Mr. Analog

GTX 980 Ti

:D

As close to a Titan as you can get for under $1000 woooh!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 29, 2015, 10:22:49 PM
GTX 980 Ti

:D

As close to a Titan as you can get for under $1000 woooh!
Right now I have a pretty strict limit of $500 :( wont get another payment for a couple weeks. And the sales will disappear by then :o

I was also looking at a 970. But it appears the 390 and the 970 are pretty close, except the 390 has a lot more vram :D and might be slightly faster. Also AMD isn't usually as douchy as nvidia ;D

I only spent like $250 or so on my 6850 when I got it. If I had spent $500 then, I probably wouldn't need a new card now. lol. But spending $800+ on a gpu is a little outside my comfort zone, especially since I doubt I'd ever make good use of it :o

Tom

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127874

With shipping and taxes, $477. Not too shabby. The MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G card. I've heard most people prefer these MSI cards over just about everyone else.

edit: make that $463 after a promo code :D

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Went and bought it this morning. Waited till now to maybe let my brain reconsider things. Didn't really help. lol. between the discounts and the MIR that i might actually send in, I'll save like $80? Soooo yeaaahhhh... All in all I spent like $488 due to having to pick up an active DP->DVI adapter cable for a redic $23. :(

Stupid AMD's video output hardware can't do more than 2 displays if you don't use DP. It is strictly limited to 2 outputs if you're only using VGA, HDMI, and/or DVI. Even if theres > 2 of those. feh.

Thorin

Now that is what I call White Boy Problems.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on December 30, 2015, 03:03:22 PM
Now that is what I call White Boy Problems.

I think you mean "first world problems" otherwise you are implying people of color don't buy computer hardware ... you monster

;)

*you know you've been on tumblr too long when
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Thorin

Nope, meant it as play on words on White Girl Problems, specifically how they complain about barely being able to afford twelve hundred dollar handbags. The feminazis have yet to jump on the White Girl Problem meme, since doing so would not be directing anger at men.

At last, I haven't seen then do it, but then I'm not on tumblr typically (only when google finds something for me there).
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Automattron DLC

So I checked out this DLC (finally) on Sunday night, it's a good solid 3 hours of story / gameplay but the REAL addition is the ability to build your own robots! You can find parts by defeating robots in the wasteland and then bring them mods / parts back to a new crafting station you can build at settlements. This is where the real fun starts because you can build your own robots that will help you do your thing around the world. You can fully customize your new companion, Ada.

I would highly recommend using a character with a high INT and/or the robotics expert perks (which gives you access to more weapon / armor mods).

Overall a nice new addition, I'm really looking forward to Far Harbor now
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Nuka World Trailer:
https://youtu.be/DIneiOpuS2M

I thirst for adventure
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I FRICKIN' DID IT

Fallout 4 100% ... now to play Survival Mode
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 18, 2017, 08:02:45 PM
I FRICKIN' DID IT

Fallout 4 100% ... now to play Survival Mode
gratz
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!