Windows Vista pricing

Started by Ustauk, August 29, 2006, 10:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

A preliminary list of Canandian Windows Vista version prices can be found here.

Mr. Analog

How many people here ever actually bought a version of Windows, stand alone?

>:D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

[raises hand] Every version of Windows since 98 SE.  Gotta love Academic Pricing for Staff of an Educational Institute.  Windows Vista Ultimate for $15CDN, can't go wrong.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Shayne

$299 to upgrade eh?  Can I upgrade if I have a win98 original disc i wonder?

cyberbob

Quote from: Melbosa on August 29, 2006, 10:31:54 AM
[raises hand] Every version of Windows since 98 SE.  Gotta love Academic Pricing for Staff of an Educational Institute.  Windows Vista Ultimate for $15CDN, can't go wrong.

Proud member of that club as well :)
==================

Cyberbob

Lazybones

Pricing seems very consistent.. OEM editions are probably cheaper.. Go purchase a new hard drive and grab a OEM edition.

Melbosa

So an update to the Vista trend, looks like a release of RC1 here in the next week, and then final corporate release Nov 2006, Retail Jan 2007.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9003007

Shayne

RC1 isnt bad, still no SLI support

Melbosa

Quote from: Shayne on September 05, 2006, 02:36:10 PM
RC1 isnt bad, still no SLI support

Isn't SLI support provided by nVidia, not M$?  Just asking, as I haven't read much about the whole driver/support for SLI.

Shayne

When Im installing it it gets to the point where it would have a GUI to show you the status of the install then shows a black screen and my LCD says no signal.  Before drivers or anything are loaded.  Its microsoft I believe.

At least intiailly