Blue Cross Hiring

Started by Ustauk, December 04, 2006, 02:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

Blue Cross is currently hiring for positions in Application Development and Support.  Basically, there's multiple positions available, and they're throwing up a general job posting.

Alberta Blue Cross has established an Enterprise Architecture framework and is aggressively aligning its application development efforts towards an exciting new vision. We have several exciting opportunities for qualified individuals to join our dynamic Application Development and Support Team. We are seeking knowledgeable and talented individuals with experience in one or more of the following areas:

Application Architecture
Data Modeling
Process Modeling
UML Modeling
Project Management
Oracle ADF Framework
JDeveloper
Telelogic BPM
Web Services
J2EE Technologies
Toplink Framework
Oracle Forms
Oracle Reports
Oracle PL/SQL
Oracle Designer

The successful candidates will possess superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional planning, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and consultation skills are a must.

Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please submit your resume and salary expectations to:

Human Resources
Alberta Blue Cross
10009 ? 108 th Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3C5
FAX (780) 498-8029

Attention: Laurie Popik
E-mail:careers@ab.bluecross.ca
Please quote competition # 1106-84

Mr. Analog

Just an observation, but if they are looking to add to an existing architecture team and they need people with specific technology requirements it sounds to me like they are looking for an analyst to diagram the buisness logic of software already in use. At least that's what I hope is the case.

Sounds interesting, but I'd like to know what kind of payscale is likely. Maybe I'll chuck the old resume in and have a lookie lou.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

With a big System/Data Architecture project on the go, and we're about to start developing a large new system with a Java/web front end and Oracle back end.  There's also existing system maintenace work dealing with Oracle front and back ends.

They recently commisioned a review of salaries in the IT sector in Alberta, and adjusted salaries where appropriate to remain competive.   I'd suspect we'd be about middle of the road, but I don't know for sure.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Ustauk on December 04, 2006, 03:36:12 PM
With a big System/Data Architecture project on the go, and we're about to start developing a large new system with a Java/web front end and Oracle back end.  There's also existing system maintenace work dealing with Oracle front and back ends.

This sort of frightens me, they've picked out their technology before they've started analysis?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 04, 2006, 04:30:21 PM
Quote from: Ustauk on December 04, 2006, 03:36:12 PM

This sort of frightens me, they've picked out their technology before they've started analysis?

It was decided a at a high level a while back that'd we stick with an Oracle back end and a Java front end.  We've been using Oracle back ends for a long time, so there's a good amount of PL/SQL knowledge in the company, and our web team already uses Java-based front ends, so I think that's why they went that way.