Music Lovers Digress

Started by Bixby, January 20, 2007, 08:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

Ustauk, I think you meant to say "Theory of a Nickelfault" ;)

Bixby

Quote from: Ustauk on January 22, 2007, 02:17:24 PM
Just to lighten things up a bit, and give you a common person to snipe at....Nickelback Rocks!!!!!!!!! >:D
Runs screaming for the hills before the musical purists behead him

Ha ha ha - Nice diffuser of situations you are ;)

Ustauk

Quote from: Shayne on January 22, 2007, 02:56:52 PM
LOL, I like Theory of a Dead Man and Default as well.  Default had a great show at the Captial Ex this year :)

Lazybones

Quote from: Shayne on January 22, 2007, 02:56:52 PM

You missed Creed in there... however I am guilty of owning one of their albums.

Shayne

Theory of a Nickelfault works so well as they are all "discovered" by Nickleback.

Shayne

"My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade" is my pick for album of the year.  A hell of a lot of good stuff came out this year, but this concept album is extremely diverse without a single negative attribute.  They can easily pull 6 singles from this album and they would have just as much power as the very first.

My let down of the year is probably "Three Days Grace - One X", I like to say that I discovered these guys in a way.  I saw them at some @%&#ty bar ever so long ago.  The first disc filled the void that very slow Finger Eleven releases left me with.  However this new one just doesn't have the same bite.  Feels uninspired.

My surprise pick for the year "Snow Patrol - Eyes Open", I have been listening to Snow Patrol since early 2000 when i stumbled upon the great disc "Songs for Polarbears" on one of the Indie forums I use to participate on.  With the 2 singles "Hands Open" and "Chasing Cars" lighting up the airwaves its good to see success for them.  One of my favorite bands.

Adams

Shayne:
Dare I say... you dust off Huey Lewis and the News?... but do not post tribute to the band that probably started the indie scene that you speak so fondly of... I digress. *Runs off to a nice corner to be flogged*

On another topic:
Speaking of which... I still love to listen to the headstones and tragically hip. :P

Oh boy... oops I hope I didn't restart the issue... that Ustauk so kindfully resolved. (I still Love Nickelback and Theory of a Nickelback... and Default-Nickelback and... and... and.. Justin Timberlake?... uh I mean... no no Timberlake)
"Life is make up of 2 types of people...
50% of People who do want to do things
50% of people who do not want to do things
The rest are all forced to do things."

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Shayne The Great on January 22, 2007, 05:49:12 PM
"My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade" is my pick for album of the year.  A hell of a lot of good stuff came out this year, but this concept album is extremely diverse without a single negative attribute.  They can easily pull 6 singles from this album and they would have just as much power as the very first.

Since I hear it almost every morning with Garner I did a look up on the lyrics and then read the Wikipedia page about the album... Impressed me enough that I went to Amazon and did the 30 second preview thing. $12.99 at HMV, gonna pick it up this week prolly -- perhaps also with "Trainwreck" by "Boys Night Out", both concept albums, both a bit on the "dark" side... That plus SRV = draw your own conclusions about how my new year is going ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.