The Life Aquatic With Steve Googlearthzou 5.0

Started by Darren Dirt, February 13, 2009, 09:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

For all you science nerds out there, who grew up watching Cousteau specials on PBS and read National Geographic for fun...

Explore the Ocean in Google Earth 5.0

http://earth.google.com/ocean/

Jimmy Buffett sings at the Google Earth 5.0 launch.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

I thought this was a really cool addition to GoogleEarth.

It's too bad much of the sea floor is mostly unmapped.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

The Life Seaohtooic with Google Earth plugin:

http://www.purdue.edu/eas/carbon/vulcan/GEarth/
(USA emissions from fossil fuels 2002)

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 14, 2009, 03:02:45 PM
It's too bad much of the sea floor is mostly unmapped.

Last week, a British man announced he'd found the lost city of Atlantis using Google Ocean -- the latest add-on to Google Earth that features 3D bathymetry, which lets you explore the ocean floor. The supposed ?Atlantis' image is about 620 miles off the northwestern coast of Africa and south of Portugal. It shows a rectangular grid with what looks like roadways leading away from it at the coordinates 31 15'15.53N 24 15'30.53W. According to The Telegraph, the newspaper that first reported the "discovery," the pattern is roughly the size of Wales (around 8,000 sq. mi.) ...

- Google Quashes Atlantis Buzz

( judge for yourself -- from what I can see, at the same zoom level there are NO OTHER large regions in the Atlantic Ocean that have similar "gridline" appearances.)

Darren Dirt

Mr. Analog

Pfft! Everyone knows the Space Egyptians took Atlantis from the surface and put it in the Hollow Earth under Tokyo!

I have proof!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 25, 2009, 06:18:27 PM
Pfft! Everyone knows the Space Egyptians took Atlantis from the surface and put it in the Hollow Earth under Tokyo!

I have proof!

Actually, Robert Anton Wilson explained the REAL history, hidden within his "fiction"al trilogy (both of them, actually) -- and for exposing that, and for his famous quote "You have all reminded me that despite George W. Bush and all his cohorts, there is still a lot of beautiful kindness in the world" , he was killed...

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

fyi i wuz jokin ... he died in his sleep, no concrete shoes or "healthy as a horse" heartattacks... but the 2 trilogies are DAMN good absurdist scifi/fantasy epics... (very little takes place re. Atlantis, just a little underwater battle between Baddies and dolphins)