Started by Melbosa, April 12, 2012, 04:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on April 19, 2012, 09:17:04 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 19, 2012, 07:21:35 PM
The queue times are RIDICULOUS

I've been in queue for an HOUR

How quickly we forget the launch queues for MMOs

Every other server is free though, so I created another character on the next server over.

I know Melbosa was trying to find a populated PVP server but this was ridiculous, after waiting an hour there was an estimated wait of 38 minutes, that's pushing it.

Made it to lvl 5 already, kinda fun but I sort of miss the waypoint showing up on the hud rather than the mini map (like in CoH) I'm constantly checking my map rather than looking at cool stuff.

After having played for a little while I am disappoint, the main thing that's awesome is the character development, it's engrossing and you can see how your responses can change things (heck, you don't always have to end things violently which appeals to me).

The downside is that it's still a fairly formulaic MMO, dodge mobs, hit instances, blah blah blah...

It also has the annoying binding system for gear from WoW and there is no way to change your status bar indicator colours (life bar is a dark red I can't see).

As much as I want to like this game... I can't see myself forking out dough for it, I'll give it a few more days, I'm kinda hoping that there's some really cool stuff just around the corner...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Aye... How quickly most people forget :D.

I remember queues of 2h for CoH after the first real content release!

Only way to get in is play before dinner time... or queue up before dinner and get in after dinner made.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on April 20, 2012, 08:12:43 AM
Aye... How quickly most people forget :D.

I remember queues of 2h for CoH after the first real content release!

Only way to get in is play before dinner time... or queue up before dinner and get in after dinner made.

...or use a lower population server...

:P

One feature that would improve the game is visible waypoints without having to use the radar/minimap AND being able to set your own waypoint on the map. (the fog of war is kind of lame too, I mean IRL I can get roadmaps for any backward ass place on the planet, and we don't even have interstellar spaceships)

Also being able to edit colours would help a lot.

My character kicks though yay, though I need a high powered ranged attack for spanking high level Lieuts and/or team up with a melee type to keep mobs off my valuable butt.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Free weekend of SWTOR:
http://t.co/VAClEeR8

Worth checking out!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Or I can send you a trial invite which is 14 days... up to you guys :D - or do BOTH!

Mr. Analog

Y'know I never did get that e-mail...

Which account did you send it to?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

That's the one, try sending me an e-mail anyway, just to test it

maybe it got filtered in spam?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

[suspicious]Says you got it: 04.13.12: You referred Ron Woodford <m********@gmail.com> and they accepted.[/suspicious]

Melbosa

my bad... only 7 day trial... wonder why I thought it was 14... huh.

Mr. Analog

It must have been because I had an account already.

Oh yeah, in future use the hidey button Mr. [suspicious]Brandt Cramer[/suspicious]
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

ou812homie

<re Melbosa:

Just built a new system and just missed the weekend pass.  was wondering if you still had any invites... If so i would be sooooo grateful.  My email is ou812homie@gmail.com.

Yes thats real...lol.  Thanks again.  Look forward to hearing from you.

Patrick  Midwest USA
USMC  Ooh-Rah

Mr. Analog

So... depending on how things shake out I may get a sub for this, I managed to pick up a little more work on the side and find myself with some extra fun money...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

If you do buddy, I'll hook you up with Guild and help.  Would love to have someone from here playing :D.  Such a great game!!!  It is definitely not another WoW!