"new map" Minecraft event tonight

Started by Thorin, August 02, 2013, 10:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

As first talked about here: http://forums.righteouswrath.com/index.php/topic,9711.msg73681.html#msg73681, I'm hoping we can all sign on tonight and have a fun Minecraft night.  The idea is to simulate starting a new map without actually starting a new map.

- we're starting at 7pm MDT, probably finishing between 12am and 2am MDT
- one of the ops will find a decent area and then /tp everyone over
- if someone dies, the op will /tp them back after they re-spawn (this way our /homes aren't messed up)
- we bring no supplies, we're starting completely from scratch
- it's intended to be players helping each other, don't break others' builds

Do you think you'll be joining in?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 02, 2013, 10:34:41 AM
Prepare your butts!
Yeah, I'm out.. not prepared for that kind of evening.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Okay, I'm missing whatever in-joke there is going on here.

Tom, you seriously out or is it part of the in-joke I'm not getting?

Mel?  Lazy?  You guys in?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 02, 2013, 01:22:52 PM
It's not an injoke.. just a dirty joke. he said prepare your butt. I'm not prepared for that kind of evening ;)

Tom, you seriously out or is it part of the in-joke I'm not getting?

Mel?  Lazy?  You guys in?
I guess it depends if I fall asleep here soon or not. I'm reaaallly tired. might have a nap before it happens, so we'll see.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

I can't.  Wife's B-Day is today.  Plans are already in motion.  Actually I will be pretty much not available and scarce until Frag.  Then I'll be gaming "hopefully" for most of the event!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on August 02, 2013, 01:38:31 PM
It's not an injoke.. just a dirty joke. he said prepare your butt. I'm not prepared for that kind of evening ;)

C'mon, classic Sips quote! I didn't think you'd be so...

anal about it

:dance:

Quote from: Melbosa on August 02, 2013, 01:41:46 PM
I can't.  Wife's B-Day is today.  Plans are already in motion.  Actually I will be pretty much not available and scarce until Frag.  Then I'll be gaming "hopefully" for most of the event!

Good good!

Well either way I'll be playing a bit tonight
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Probably not but you never know, if I can I will drop in.

Thorin

I don't spend time watching Minecraft videos, so I don't know all the classic lines and jokes.  I do know enough to know that Sips and Sjin (?) make Minecraft videos.

I was hoping for a "new map" feel without actually setting up a new map, so I listed how I thought we'd accomplish that.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on August 02, 2013, 05:05:23 PM
I don't spend time watching Minecraft videos, so I don't know all the classic lines and jokes.  I do know enough to know that Sips and Sjin (?) make Minecraft videos.

I was hoping for a "new map" feel without actually setting up a new map, so I listed how I thought we'd accomplish that.

I am interested just unsure if I will be able to commit the time...

I love the new map feeling to tell you the truth, it gives me the same kind of rush as in an RTS when you are trying to rush through the tech tree to advance... Tick is I feel like a noob compared to everyone else really quickly ;)

Mr. Analog

Hey guys I may have to start a little later, work ran a bit longer than planned (nearly everyone was out of the office on two continents today) so things dragged on a bit.

Anyway, good times ahead.

Also, I may have to break for laundry / packing type deals.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Okay, found a decent spot pretty darn quickly.  It's 4500,0.  The proper teleport command is   /tppos 4500 68 0   if you're an op.  I made a little landing pad but will wait with anything else until 7pm.

And don't worry about feeling like a n00b, Minecraft has a pretty low barrier of entry as far as "tech tree" goes.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

I just saw your "I'm going on vacation" email flash by, you did indeed stay on longer than expected :)  Hope to see you online anyways.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Melbosa

This sounds like fun... and I am going to miss it :(. Perhaps round two during a Frag night or something?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!