[FTB] Replacement for RP2 Microblocks comming

Started by Tom, August 07, 2013, 12:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

So I'm sure theres at least one of you who were upset when they learned that Red Power 2 was no more, and that meant no more microblocks. Turns out the FTB mod devs also were not entirely happy with this prospect.

New mod/api by the Forge guys, Forge MultiPart. Uses the very similar mechanics to RP2's microblocks, but it is actually more flexible.

Things you can do:

- place microblocks in the same block as a torch, button or lever
- place multiple torches, buttons or switches in the same block

See the direwolf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9yUr4jmU6s

The cool thing is its a forge api, rather than just yet another mod. Other mods can then easily support multiblock mechanics.

I can has excitement.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I think I figured out why the main Yogscraft series is mostly done, and it's probably because so many builds are affected by RedPower 2.

I was watching Panda's Twilight Forest series and he finally made it back into the "real world" and took a trip through various lands (and maybe showed off stuff that wasn't supposed to be seen yet, like a giant spaceship) the most surprising thing was when he went past the Jaffa Factory, the side of the building that was all RP2 slabs and lamps was completely gone, as was the giant egg. At first it looked like a loading error but the bits that seemed to be missing were RP2 blocks.

I'm glad there is going to be a replacement. Any idea when the new versions are rolling out?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 07, 2013, 12:58:46 AM
I think I figured out why the main Yogscraft series is mostly done, and it's probably because so many builds are affected by RedPower 2.
Yeah, no way they can continue on the original factory, but I thought they had moved to a new second factory location.

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 07, 2013, 12:58:46 AM
I was watching Panda's Twilight Forest series and he finally made it back into the "real world" and took a trip through various lands (and maybe showed off stuff that wasn't supposed to be seen yet, like a giant spaceship) the most surprising thing was when he went past the Jaffa Factory, the side of the building that was all RP2 slabs and lamps was completely gone, as was the giant egg. At first it looked like a loading error but the bits that seemed to be missing were RP2 blocks.

I'm glad there is going to be a replacement. Any idea when the new versions are rolling out?
Some of the bits are apparently in the 1.5 pack, and more will be available in the 1.6 pack when its out... not sure when that will be. but the 1.5 pack is already out.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!