What I learned after 5 years of React development

Started by Mr. Analog, November 04, 2020, 08:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, pretty good read.  At the speed that React has been changing, it's hard sometimes to google correct answers for how to solve a problem, though.  But hooks and effects were an excellent addition.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I'm still not sold on hooks and effects, classes make much more sense to me for some reason

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I think the hardest thing for me to understand when I started with React was that we were also using Redux, and there's this idea of component state and redux state, and that loosely translates to page state and site state.  Once I learned about effects, it became more obvious the difference between the two.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on November 04, 2020, 05:00:11 PMI think the hardest thing for me to understand when I started with React was that we were also using Redux, and there's this idea of component state and redux state, and that loosely translates to page state and site state.  Once I learned about effects, it became more obvious the difference between the two.

Yeah I haven't gotten into Redux myself, we use Context API though for a few things but I haven't gotten into the nuts and bolts of it or rather the parts that use it haven't been on my radar yet.
By Grabthar's Hammer