Gran Turismo 4 Car List

Started by Mr. Analog, March 03, 2005, 01:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

After getting carpal tunnel syndrome from clicking through EB Games 1008 screenshots it was hard to remember all the cars that are available, thankfully there are some sites that list the cars available.

Yes, you can drive a Delorean, a 1970 440 Charger, a '49 Beetle, a Model "T" and a jillion other cars (sorry Melbosa, the earliest model Supra is the '88 Turbo GT).
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Im so jealous of this game.  Its really the only game that id kill to own a PS2 for.

Lazybones

Quote from: "Shayne"Im so jealous of this game.  Its really the only game that id kill to own a PS2 for.
I don't know, I am more of an arcade racer at heart.. Last time I played GT I remember lots and lots of skidding into corners.

Burnout 3 currently stands as the ultimate in car racing video games, well in my books.

Might have to checkout GT again and see what the fuss is about.

Shayne

Quote from: "Lazybones"I don't know, I am more of an arcade racer at heart..
I feel that we get faaaaaaaaaaaaaar to many of these.  While Burnout 3 is destined to be and remain a classic for time to come, nothing satisfies me more then spending 100 hours building a garage full of cars and parts...i spent hundreds of hours on GT1 and GT2 on my PSOne.

FORZA Motosport is my only hope for a truely simulation style racer on the Xbox (Rallisport 2 was excellent though)

Shayne

So i rented a PS2 on Sunday (i can do this free of course), and spent about 8 hours playing Gran Turismo 4, and i gotta say.  It f**king rules.

I have not played a game so well thought out, its just simply amazing.

..the ability to store images on a USB drive is very cool as well :)

Mr. Analog

I have to agree; this game tops it's predecessors and makes other racing games look (and play) like chumps.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

I was soooooooo close to buying a PS2 this weekend, but $179 (core) + $55 (GT4) + $30 (Memory Card) + GST, i just couldnt afford $300 for a single game :(

However if we get a GT5 on PS3, i will be buying a PS3 instead of an Xbox2 i think (maybe both, but i forsee $400 initial price tags).

Gotta take the rental back tomorrow, only a day left of this beautiful work of art.

Mr. Analog

It might be a good idea to buy one now, just in case Sony Can't sell the PS2 for a while...

Whoops! nevermind.

Stoopid patent laws!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Found a couple in the bargain finder, i left a few messages.