Main Menu

Photo Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 17, 2012, 12:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

I remembered today that I took this screenshot last week of my first geode encounter.

Mr. Analog

That's awesome!  I've yet to find one but I haven't tried to explore many caves
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Those things are bloody everywhere, it seems.  They make a really nice relaxing tinkling sound when you walk on them.  The blocks break really, really easily, though, so they're not good for a floor.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

LennyLen

Quote from: Thorin on December 14, 2021, 04:14:43 PMThose things are bloody everywhere, it seems.  They make a really nice relaxing tinkling sound when you walk on them.  The blocks break really, really easily, though, so they're not good for a floor.

I'm using them for a roof.

Thorin

I've been building!  I set up a hut, then turned that into a cabin, then gave the cabin small wings, then switched to a nicer roof and walls, then put down a nicer floor and some carpet, then built an enchanting table and shelves, then got some dogs, then built more storage, oh, and I had a bunch of furnaces already, then built a defensive wall with corner towers and midway gatehouses, then built roofs over the towers and gatehouses (finally a good use for copper!), then realized I wanted to keep the copper shiny so had to start an apiary, then went and got bamboo for scaffolding, then built an underground railroad from outside my place to spawn, then built a terminal on either end.

You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

The skeleton horses - I had seen a flash of lightning hit the ground with a horse right next to it, and it transformed into a skeleton horse.  I had a saddle so I went out to try and ride it, not sure if I could.  Just as I came around the corner from my house, another lightning strike hit the block right next to it, and four skeletons on skeleton horses spawned!  I almost died killing them, but I managed to kill all the skeletons and save two skeleton horses altogether.

The bees - I have three nests and sixteen hives, and I bred the bees to fill them all, so now I have fifty-seven (57!) bees in my apiary, and too much honey.

The underground railway is at y=80, so it actually goes above ground for a bit, so I had to get 25 stacks of sand to glass that all in.  It's pretty to ride at sunset, as the above-ground portion goes through a savannah.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Wow! That sounds awesome. Got any good pics?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I posted, like, twenty pics of various things in the post before. What would you like to see more of?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Oh shoot! I see them now!! AWESOME work

I logged in today and had a chance to see what you did! Amazing!!

Also thank you for repopulating the bees
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

No problem, I think they might've just been slowly killed by the campfires under the nests, so I put carpet over them so they'd stop getting hurt from it.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on December 24, 2021, 01:18:31 PMNo problem, I think they might've just been slowly killed by the campfires under the nests, so I put carpet over them so they'd stop getting hurt from it.
You are the best!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

This is what I've been working on.  The only major change I plan to make is to convert the lighting to lanterns once I've done some iron mining.

Mr. Analog

Dude that's awesome
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: LennyLen on July 05, 2022, 02:12:36 AMThis is what I've been working on.  The only major change I plan to make is to convert the lighting to lanterns once I've done some iron mining.

What resource pack / shaders (if any) are you using?

Build is looking good