Idea, make spawn city largely a safe zone..

Started by Lazybones, May 01, 2012, 02:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on May 02, 2012, 01:51:45 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 02, 2012, 01:33:47 PM
Sounds like someone wants in to me...

watches and frequently comments on Minecraft threads
Has a minecraft avatar now....

Ether that or he wants use all to play CoH, I can't tell if the previous post was a joke or a jab. ???

All I know is that I have enough $$$ in my PayPal to gift him a copy if he wants it...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

watches and frequentlyoccasionally comments (usually slightly off-topic) on Minecraft threads
Has a minecraftlolcat avatar now....

FYP.

What can I say, I like the idea of MC, and am impressed with how wide-spread and long-running the forum's interest and participation has been ... plus I like cute/funny cats.

And if I wanted "in" I would certainly have no pride/ego obstacle to proclaiming that. ;)

and re. CoH well I intentionally chose an "Angry" Brute solo street fighter, still having fun with the melee combos (lucked out picking Dual Blades which is the only set that has "combos") without needing to team up (Level 22 right now) so not really waiting / hoping for you guys to drop MC and go back in time to 2004 ;)

...as you were...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on May 02, 2012, 02:03:10 PM
watches and frequentlyoccasionally comments (usually slightly off-topic) on Minecraft threads
Has a minecraftlolcat avatar now....

FYP.

Also, I'm an Angry Brute solo street fighter, still having fun without needing to team up (Level 22 right now) so not really waiting / hoping for you guys to drop MC and go back in time to 2004 ;)

Hardly the same game that launched in '04...

You really should join in though, it's all the fun of a game but with the added benefit of being a creative outlet and tapping your problem solving skills.

My mistake was I waited so long to get into it, had I known last year what I know now I would have been on the Beta like Oprah on a Ham
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 02, 2012, 02:07:13 PM
You really should join in though, it's all the fun of a game but with the added benefit of being a creative outlet and tapping your problem solving skills.

http://iwdrm.tumblr.com/post/2715719678

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on May 02, 2012, 02:19:11 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 02, 2012, 02:07:13 PM

http://iwdrm.tumblr.com/post/2715719678

FEAR IS THE MIND KILLER PAUL ATREIDES
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Okay, inclusive not exclusive, that's a rule I live by.  A large part of the interesting discussions here happen from off-topicking that happens here.  I don't play very many computer games yet I love reading people's opinions and thoughts on the latest games.

But yeah, Darren, that's not a lolcat avatar, that's clearly a minecraft avatar.  Well, to the initiated :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on May 02, 2012, 02:51:10 PM
But yeah, Darren, that's not a lolcat avatar, that's clearly a minecraft avatar.  Well, to the initiated :)

It's like Jon Stewart, who says he is a comedian first and political second, that animated gif is a lolcat first and Minecraft-themed second.

And No Fear, Mr. Analog... just an ever-growing understanding of my priorities and awareness of how much time I have to act on them ;)

Mr. Analog

If you can time box CoH you can time box Minecraft... just sayin'
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on May 02, 2012, 04:45:16 PM
we could also stay on topic
I think thats a lost cause.

* Tom also thinks some people are too fixated on keeping things on topic all the time. tis not how the brain works.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Nothing stops you from starting a new thread.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

So if I want to start a new topic when at Mr. Analog'sI have to head over to Melbosa's? :o

Lazybones

No but if you sit in between two people talking about baseball and try to switch it to Linux they may not be interested.

There is a difference between a branching / related topic and just droping a bomb on a conversation .

Also as far as collaboration goes, brain storming may lead many places but normally to the same goal.

This is a minecraft forum and a thread about town defence or it was, now it is mostly a thread about forum and conversation norms.

If it was a lobby thread I probably would not care.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on May 02, 2012, 08:46:33 PM
No but if you sit in between two people talking about baseball and try to switch it to Linux they may not be interested.
Indeed. It tends to happen a lot though, and screaming down a persons throat for doing so may be seen as hostile.

That said, if people were really into the original discussion, they wouldn't have replied to the first OT post at all, and the original discussion would continue. If it doesn't that pretty much means its done. So why not continue with the new one that's already been going?

I really don't see why it has to be enforced so hard.