Endermen is there a trick?

Started by Lazybones, January 08, 2013, 10:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

So I was gifted some enderchests which is assume but I forgot that on the FTB server I wanted to make a chunk-loader, so I went to the over world to kill some endermen.

What happened to the endermen? I sware they used to be far more aggressive. I have been able to get them to come to me but most of the time they just run off after a few hits.. Also there seem to be hardly any arround.

How do the rest of you go about killing them and getting enderpearls seeing as they don't always drop them!

Mr. Analog

I had the same problem so I crafted a Minium Stone and use it to convert iron bars to Ender Pearls

Here are the recipes for the EE3 Minium Stone:
http://equivalentexchange.wikispaces.com/Recipes

You can also use UU-Matter but only if the GregTech mod is installed (which in Feed the Beast it is):
101: = 1 Ender Pearl

Full list of UU-Matter Recipes (plus great comments with custom/mod recipes!):
http://www.minecraft.madebyai.com/guides/uu-matter-recipes/

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I've also noticed how rare they seem to be on the overworld. They are especially shy durring the day. Also if you do fight them, make sure to never look above their knees, otherwise they warp away a lot quicker. Last but not least, make an Athame. Two hit kill.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on January 08, 2013, 10:20:38 AM
Last but not least, make an Athame. Two hit kill.

It isn't in our mod pack, or at least NEI does not have it listed.

Mr. Analog

I've also noticed how rare they seem to be on the overworld. They are especially shy durring the day. Also if you do fight them, make sure to never look above their knees, otherwise they warp away a lot quicker. Last but not least, make an Athame. Two hit kill.

I have a HILARIOUS picture from our server re this

Will post later
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I saw 4 of them all together at once last night, however when I tried to pull them to me they all gone after one or two TP.

Mr. Analog

Another option is to go down to the MASSIVE CAVE sev has excavated in the Mining Age, there are TONS of mobs down there (wear armour and only bring what you need)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 08, 2013, 10:35:17 AM
Another option is to go down to the MASSIVE CAVE sev has excavated in the Mining Age, there are TONS of mobs down there (wear armour and only bring what you need)

On the Vanilla server I usually just needed to stand on a hill top or side and scan for the eyes, thus avoiding the other mobs. I only have iron armor so going all in to a pit of mobs is not a good idea.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on January 08, 2013, 10:39:10 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 08, 2013, 10:35:17 AM

On the Vanilla server I usually just needed to stand on a hill top or side and scan for the eyes, thus avoiding the other mobs. I only have iron armor so going all in to a pit of mobs is not a good idea.

Well you can kite them to you by looking at them, so just stick close to the ladder :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on January 08, 2013, 10:24:50 AM
Last but not least, make an Athame. Two hit kill.

It isn't in our mod pack, or at least NEI does not have it listed.
It is there, I made one. Pretty sure its spelt athame as well.

Mr. Analog

NEI isn't always up to date, I've had similar issues with missing items.

For example, RE-Battery isn't in my crafting list. I know how to make an RE-Battery in my sleep but for newcomers not so much fun.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I actually did see it in there when I managed to spell it right in NEI.

Mr. Analog

I'm sure it's in YOUR NEI but it may not be in Lazy's

That's what I was trying to say.

For a while there was a lot of stuff missing from mine and I had to re-download it in the FTB pack to get it to work.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Uh, we should have the same exact mods or you'd get booted from the server. A bunch of the NEI stuff seems to be partially server side for some reason.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on January 08, 2013, 12:11:19 PM
Uh, we should have the same exact mods or you'd get booted from the server. A bunch of the NEI stuff seems to be partially server side for some reason.

I agree with you if I hadn't experienced the exact same problem.

I think that the moment I also have some missing entries for EE3 as I get no entry for EE3 items which I know I can craft (and have crafted)

:)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 08, 2013, 12:14:02 PM
Quote from: Tom on January 08, 2013, 12:11:19 PM

I agree with you if I hadn't experienced the exact same problem.

I think that the moment I also have some missing entries for EE3 as I get no entry for EE3 items which I know I can craft (and have crafted)

:)
I agree that there are things that are missing. But if one person has it in nei, the rest should too, unless for some reason one of their mods didnt update properly.

Mr. Analog

That's what I'm saying, it's possible that the NEI package is different between downloads of the same major FTB version.

Lazy can try downloading FTB again and just copy the NEI zip file to his FTB mod directory manually.

If its not there and not just a mistype.

As well, if NEI isn't working you can still craft everything.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yah. Though I think the server would complain if that were the case. It checks the mods you have installed, and NEI isn't 100% client side, so the server will be checking that as well. A mod version mismatch will get you booted the second you connect.

Mr. Analog

As far as I know the only NEI stuff on the server is just more granular control of NEI permissions in SMP, so you can say one op has the ability to change the weather with NEI but no other op does, that sort of thing.
By Grabthar's Hammer