Anybody interested in playing Modded Minecraft?

Started by Mr. Analog, December 04, 2015, 10:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modded Minecraft?

Yes
1 (50%)
No
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Mr. Analog

Got the urge to play some modded Minecraft, anybody interested?

If so what modpack?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I used to be pro modded.. But the things I wanted to do ended up being so complicated to do in most mods that It turned out to be more work than fun :(

That said, obscurity kinda sounds fun.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

While I am kind of sick of minecraft I did really enjoy building machines and climbing tech trees.

However like Tom I found the shear mess of options and overlapping / incompatible mods in the FTB mod frustrating.

So maybe we should discuss it more?

I could probably host the server if needed.

Tom

I'm liking the idea of doing some kind of challenge pack like Obscurity. It uses the quest system so you have a guide of what to do. Cool thing is you can either do it alone, or in teams. Most of these packs are fully integrated, so the mods tend not to overlap too much, and fit much better together. That does mean some things from mods are changed, removed or added, but it makes things more cohesive.

I don't mind hosting it here at home either. I have /plenty/ of home server space.

Mr. Analog

A lot of mods are compatible now, though you will still likely end up with 3 or 4 "wrenches" that all do different things :)

A quest book series! As long as it's not something ridiculous like BlastOff! (holy @%&# EVERYTHING is annoying in that pack) :lol:
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 05, 2015, 01:15:20 PM
... though you will still likely end up with 3 or 4 "wrenches" that all do different things ...

I hate that, and when two things do the same thing but ones costs way more in resources.

I don't want that. I liked automation of extraction and sorting ect but then there were all of those useless resources from incomplete or conflicting mods.

Not sure how often I could / would play even if that was all sorted out.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on December 05, 2015, 05:35:39 PM

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 05, 2015, 01:15:20 PM
... though you will still likely end up with 3 or 4 "wrenches" that all do different things ...

I hate that, and when two things do the same thing but ones costs way more in resources.

I don't want that. I liked automation of extraction and sorting ect but then there were all of those useless resources from incomplete or conflicting mods.

Not sure how often I could / would play even if that was all sorted out.
The more organized mods, typically ones with the questing book tend to be integrated so duplicate ores are merged, and can be used cross mods, so you don't have 2 or 4 different copper ores. Sometimes multiple wrenches exist, because they do different things in some cases. Like maybe one is more advanced than the other, so it stays. In general the better questing packs end up fairly decent (and integrated) compared to something like FTB. The mod pack creator tends to put a lot of work into moding the mods to make them more cohesive, and then setting up the quests. Because of the quests you need more cohesive sets of mods, or you can just get around some challenge easy with some other mod's thing...