Server Status 1.17 OLD

Started by Tom, March 17, 2012, 07:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

So a dude on reddit posted a blog about his hacked up teleport network (and other server !commands). He wrapped the server in a non blocking wrapper... It gave me a good idea, I can extend my rcon tool to run as a daemon and check for !commands, and do various things like support !home, !back, !toggledownfall, !setday  etc. :D

I'll look into it later (probably after I get home, have some more important things to do atm)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I was thinking about this, but basically you can set up blocks to listen for commands right?

We could add our own without modding on 1.8 I think

I'll have to look into it
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 02, 2014, 08:27:07 AM
I was thinking about this, but basically you can set up blocks to listen for commands right?

We could add our own without modding on 1.8 I think

I'll have to look into it
Commandblocks can do some interesting things. but might not be flexible enough. but rcon can run any admin command. even for non admin users.

Not sure they can listen for specific text, though maybe they can... I dunno. But this extended rcon tool could just sit there, listen for commands, and do what it needs, no real moding needed.

That tool is what I use to tell the server to turn auto save on, and off for doing the map backups. "save-off; save-all; rsync; save-on" is basically how my backups work (the save commands are all done via the rcon utility I wrote).

Mr. Analog

Yeah, looks like the event drive stuff I was thinking of was/is done by Bukkit
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

The nice thing is, I think rcon can run even the fancy command block commands, as they are really just "cli/chat" commands to begin with. also non admin users can't always use command blocks that use admin commands.

Tom

In case anyone hasn't heard about it yet. Mojang has released a new Minecraft snapshot! The first snapshot for 1.10! This update is so incredibly good, and warm and fuzzy, that I have decided to update the server ASAP to it. I hope you all enjoy this update as much as I have.

Love & Hugs.

Mr. Analog

Still no High Five function!

YEESH GET IT TOGETHER MOJANG
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

So hey, set up monit on mc2 aka planetbob. It /should/ automatically restart minecraft when needed, including it pegging the cpu too long, using too much memory, and if it just up and dies. also added an init script to start it on boot, should the host ever die... but that's rare.

please let me know if there are any issues.

Tom

I forgot to mention that I updated from 1.8.0 to 1.8.3. If that's an issue, let me know. It's a feature of the new script, has an update command :D auto fetches the new jar etc.

Tom

So this is a thing:

[08:25:22] [Server Watchdog/FATAL]: A single server tick took 60.00 seconds (should be max 0.05)
[08:25:22] [Server Watchdog/FATAL]: Considering it to be crashed, server will forcibly shutdown.
[08:26:08] [Server Watchdog/ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: /home/minecraft/minecraft-1.8.0/./crash-reports/crash-2015-04-24_08.26.08-server.txt
[08:26:08] [Server Shutdown Thread/INFO]: Stopping server

Happened yesterday. The nice thing is my new monit setup noticed and restarted the server about two minutes later. woot. Oh and i just updated to 1.8.4 since it includes some security fixes.

Tom

Due to low/no activity on the old usamot map, i have shut it down and backed up the map data. If anyone wants it let me know. It's still stuck on 1.6.2, and will need some tools run on it to let it upgrade properly to 1.7+.

If there's demand for it, I can put it back up on my home server, but i can't afford to run the hosted box any longer if noone is using it.

Some things wrt overviewer have changed. Old ov links to usamot will not work. and somehow the awesome little mini-map i was generating for the index page is completely broken for now.

DNS has been updated for mc.tomasu.org and ov.mc.tomasu.org to point to mc2.tomasu.org.

Tom

Forget that bit about the staticmap not working. works fine, but somehow was not showing up on the old install? bah. works ok now. the dns is taking a while to update, so if  mc.tomasu.org or ov.mc.tomasu.org aren't working, try mc2.tomasu.org for the overviewer.

Tom

Like to ask you guys when the best time is to mess with the server? I saw some people online today, i presume people may also be on later... Would early morning (ie 12am+) be good? or regular 8am+? or evening?

Tom

IP Address change: 68.149.56.140

Swapped out my modem finally. Things actually seem to be better so far. lower latency, haven't seen the weird infinite spinning progress on pages so far. Sadly this modem doesn't have a bridge mode, but it does have a IP Passthrough mode which is ALMOST the same, except It's essentially a raw SNAT passthrough and keeps the modem's MAC, not the device behind it's MAC, so the DHCP reservation changed. :(

Ah well. Let me know if there are any problems. Might mess with my network more later. Just a heads up.

I did update the DNS, but the DNS settings may take a while to be updated across teh interweb cache's. It'll eventually make it to everyone.

Tom

Network management / Organizing the backroom today. Server down today for a couple/few hours likely.