Max Payne film

Started by Darren Dirt, October 20, 2008, 12:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

MAX PAYNE moves with AMAZING SPEED and KNOCKS the OLDER EX-COP over and eludes them by diving into the FREEZING LAKE.

OLDER EX-COP: "Eh, I'm sure that'll kill him."
EVIL PARTNER: "Couldn't he get away with just a mild case of hypothermia?"
EVIL PARTNER: "And didn't you just confess to strangling his wife and loving every moment of it?"
EVIL PARTNER: "Are you *sure* that won't give him a large incentive to stay alive exact his revenge on you?"
OLDER EX-COP: "I'm sure it'll kill him."
EVIL PARTNER: "Good enough for me!"

- IMDB thread

but I gotta admit, though Metacritic = "generally mixed or negative reviews", I think the trailer makes it look like "Constantine meets The Matrix meets The Punisher", so might be a fun matiness On The Big Screen (leave your brain at home, etc. etc.)

PS: if anyone is indeed interested in seeing perhaps a 5pm downtown show on Wed. or Thurs. or something, we might wanna (a la MST3K) pre-skim the following list of "lessons" for better enjoyment:
"Things I learned from Max Payne" <-- those kind of discussion threads are often quite funny in pointing out the obvious flaws, illogical situations, unrealistic dialogue, etc.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

Oh damn, I finally figured out what the hell the Valkyries were in yesterday's Family Guy!  Thanks for "reminding" me with your post that the Max Payne movie had Valkyries in it.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on October 20, 2008, 01:39:57 PM
Oh damn, I finally figured out what the hell the Valkyries were in yesterday's Family Guy!  Thanks for "reminding" me with your post that the Max Payne movie had Valkyries in it.

were the Valks in the game(s)?

and is the trailer a spoiler by showing them?

and any1 wanna see this in theatres? after Andy Samberg's silly "talking to animals" sketch, it'll be funny to see Marky Mark in a tough, serious role without laughing :)

Lazybones

Quote from: Darren Dirt on October 20, 2008, 02:39:11 PM
Quote from: Thorin on October 20, 2008, 01:39:57 PM

were the Valks in the game(s)?

and is the trailer a spoiler by showing them?

and any1 wanna see this in theatres? after Andy Samberg's silly "talking to animals" sketch, it'll be funny to see Marky Mark in a tough, serious role without laughing :)

I don't recall there being any supernatural elements in 1 or 2 unless you consider drug induced vivid dreams, and excessive bullet time. It has been a while since I played them.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Darren Dirt link=topic=6659.msg42949#msg42949
any1 wanna see this in theatres? after Andy Samberg's silly "talking to animals" sketch, it'll be funny to see Marky Mark in a tough, serious role without laughing :)

for those who want to know...

Talks To Animals
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/mark-wahlberg-talks-to-animals/727504/

Marky Mark responds
http://www.accesshollywood.com/mark-wahlberg/mark-wahlberg-reacts-to-snl-spoof_video_749321

Marky Mark laughs at himself
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/mark-wahlberg-backstage/773862/

Mr. Analog

Anyone wanna see this flick?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I do, but having a hard time finding time.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Melbosa on October 22, 2008, 07:54:52 AM
I do, but having a hard time finding time.

Can we shoot for Thursday?

Empire City Centre 9 Cinemas, Edmonton
10200-102nd Ave. #1329, Edmonton, (780) 421-7018
Wed - Thu 6:55pm

Melbosa

I can't this week... so booked from being off on vacation last week!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I've been down with flu for a few days so I'm outta the loop.

We can shoot for next week maybe?
By Grabthar's Hammer