Web Development Stuff

Started by Cova, March 20, 2006, 04:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cova

All you guys who like your fancy buzz-words and web-2.0's and @%&# may be interested in this:

http://atlas.asp.net/

Microsoft's ajax toolkit

Mr. Analog

That wasn't condescending enough. :roll:

It's about time Microsoft canned a lot of their ASP.NET 2.0 Server Controls that use XMLHTTP callbacks in an AJAX-style wrapper. Hopefully this will facilitate better web GUI development in the Microsoftiverse.

But don't worry there's still a browser for those who don't see any need for web-GUI improvement.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Cova"All you guys who like your fancy buzz-words and web-2.0's and @%&# may be interested in this:

http://atlas.asp.net/

Microsoft's ajax toolkit

I clicked the link while using Firefox. It made my computer crash and reboot.

;) j/k

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Cova

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"But don't worry there's still a browser for those who don't see any need for web-GUI improvement.

You misinterpret my condescending attitude...  I've got nothing against rich sites, DHTML, javascript, etc.  The only complaint I can make about that stuff is that it breaks a few standard browser features (eg. the back button).

What annoys me is the sheer number of new marketing buzzwords that the industry keeps throwing at this type of stuff, the worst being 'Web 2.0' or all the various other forms of that that try to imply that this is some huge change, which it isn't.  Separate the technology bits from the marketing bits of all this new stuff - I like the technical bits, but not the marketing bits.

Mr. Analog

IT jerks off to buzzwords, don't even get me started on "AJAX"...

The sad thing with some design frameworks is that in order to gain promenance they have to vomit buzzwords to industry rag-letpapers that IT managers absorb with gusto. Then of course it's the job for the us IT staff to tell them why "widget" won't fit into "current project" but might work for "change request" somewhere else (mmm billable hours :lol: ).  8)
By Grabthar's Hammer