Minecraft 1.5 has been Released

Started by Mr. Analog, March 14, 2013, 02:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So, redstone update! Lots of changes this time around.

Can't wait to start playing with sensors and hoppers and junk.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Sensors will be seriously cool.

How long before we get a Bukkit release to put on our "vanilla" server, though?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Man, actually I could make a wall that only goes up around my house when it gets dark!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yup, or lights that come on when it gets too dark.

Man, there's a lot of new stuff in this that's all useful: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history#1.5

redstone blocks that can be pushed means t-flip-flops that take up even less space, I think

The nether quartz will make for nice-looking buildings

The netherrack smelting into nether bricks which are then combined into netherbrick blocks makes for new construction materials

The stairs no longer stopping you from running HOORAY

shortcuts for inventory management, those'll take a bit to get used to

tougher monsters (skellies shoot from further away, zombies now mob up on you)

WATER HAS BEEN FIXED SO DIPPING YOUR BUCKET IN THE LAKE DOESN'T CAUSE A CURRENT HOORAY
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

LennyLen

Any news on when the server will be updated to 1.5?  I've been playing a SP world while I wait.

Tom

Quote from: LennyLen on April 02, 2013, 07:54:13 PM
Any news on when the server will be updated to 1.5?  I've been playing a SP world while I wait.
Bukkit just released a DEV package. Shouldn't be /too/ long till they have a beta release out we can use.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

They've had a beta thing for ages already. I wish they'd release it already, single player is kinda boring
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 03, 2013, 08:41:53 AM
They've had a beta thing for ages already. I wish they'd release it already, single player is kinda boring
:P

Thorin

Yeah, I've done a couple of single player maps and I agree, it's more fun with other people.  Good practice for restarting on a map, though.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on April 03, 2013, 01:10:01 PM
Yeah, I've done a couple of single player maps and I agree, it's more fun with other people.  Good practice for restarting on a map, though.
Not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but I think Mr.A was talking about beta 1.5 ;D which I think is pre smp :D

If you know about that, then nm.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on April 03, 2013, 01:25:53 PM
Not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but I think Mr.A was talking about beta 1.5 ;D which I think is pre smp :D

An unsupported test build for 1.5 out for a while now:
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/when-will-bukkit-be-updated-for-minecraft-1-5.13701/

So m'yaa
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 03, 2013, 02:30:12 PM
Quote from: Tom on April 03, 2013, 01:25:53 PM

An unsupported test build for 1.5 out for a while now:
http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/when-will-bukkit-be-updated-for-minecraft-1-5.13701/

So m'yaa
Ah, I thought you were making a cheeky joke about beta minecraft, not the dev build of bukkit. 1.5 was a /huge/ update code wise, so things will take a while.

Mr. Analog

*shrug* I guess

Maybe 10 or 15 years from now when Mojang has built-in mod support for Minecraft this won't be a problem (hahahaha)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

And there's the downside to having mods.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on April 03, 2013, 08:35:26 PM
And there's the downside to having mods.
One of the upsides is we get to wait long enough to not hit some of the more stupid bugs in the "point zero" releases from mojang.