Wireless mouse suggestions

Started by Tom, February 23, 2014, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

HEY YOU GUYYYSSSS....

I have a decent optical/laser wireless mouse (Logitech Performance MX), I really like it most of the time, but lately, the damn cat fur in here has been clogging the mouse wheel very regularly and is getting incredibly annoying. It's pretty easy to clean most of the time, only 4 screws, and messing with the mouse wheel retention bracket thing. But its still annoying :(

The wireless mouse that seems to have the best over-all reviews is the logitech G700s, but aesthetically the mouse wheel looks identical. Huge gap to let stuff into the mouse, and if the mechanism is similar, even a little bit getting in there can interrupt the optical sensor.

I'd also like it to be easily rechargeable, much like this performance mx, either by cable, or replacing the internal battery (which is what I tend to do, grab a fresh NiMH from the charger). And since I have big mitts, it's best if it isn't super small.

Anyone got suggestions?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

I just switched to the new Logitec unifying wireless setup..

I am using a M560 mouse and an K750 solar keyboard.

The battery life on a SINGLE regular AA for the M560 is rate at just over ONE YEAR. The K750 solar will hold a charge for months an only needs the light of basically 1 60w equivalent bulb near it to charge... So even in my dark basement it stays at 100%.

The M560 is probably NOT what you are looking for but I am VERY happy with the wireless performance so far. Also neat is that the M560 and the K750 both come with a tiny unifying wireless receiver for your USB port, however you only need one... The M560 actually has a little storage slot in the battery compartment to keep the spare dongle/numb.

Also for performance I put my unifying dongle on my front facing USB ports on my case instead of burring it in the back.

Tom

Yeah, I probably won't buy anything but unifying style receivers anymore. Most of my wireless devices are logitech unifying. The mouse for my media center isn't.. but I may fix that soon ;) thing is, its batteries last months and thats why I've kept it, as well as it doesn't hate the couch surface. Tis kinda important :D

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on February 23, 2014, 02:42:49 PM
Yeah, I probably won't buy anything but unifying style receivers anymore. Most of my wireless devices are logitech unifying. The mouse for my media center isn't.. but I may fix that soon ;) thing is, its batteries last months and thats why I've kept it, as well as it doesn't hate the couch surface. Tis kinda important :D

I noticed that the unifying line as a whole had SUBSTANTIALLY longer battery life estimates than other brands.

Also I like hitting the energy button on the solar keyboard from time to time to see how much juice it is getting

Tom

Heh, thats cool. What I like is the kde battery widget lists this mouse's battery level! It's cool.

Lazybones

There is also a simple happy face sad face icon with LEDs that light up when you press the check power button on the actual keyboard.

Tom