Streaming and stuff

Started by Tom, March 08, 2017, 10:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Been playing with OBS, and Twitch chat stuff:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/127283803

The OBS Browser plugin doesn't work on linux, so I found one that mostly works, and then wrote a "TMI" app to show chat with it :D Not sure why. It seemed like a fun thing to do?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Nice, I recommend linking your twitch to your YouTube that way you can easily export VODs.

Welcome to the club!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 08, 2017, 11:51:28 AM
Nice, I recommend linking your twitch to your YouTube that way you can easily export VODs.

Welcome to the club!
I'm not sure how often I'll be streaming for now. Once i get back into my own projects and game playing.. but something tells me I'll have less time in the near future lol.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 08, 2017, 12:04:37 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 08, 2017, 11:51:28 AM

Welcome to the club!
I'm not sure how often I'll be streaming for now. Once i get back into my own projects and game playing.. but something tells me I'll have less time in the near future lol.

Even if you upload the vids privately it's good to have a backup. VODs are only kept for two weeks
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I was more replying to the "Welcome to the club" part ;)

But yeah, it sounds like a good idea to attach my youtube to it.

Darren Dirt

Member those time-lapse MSPAINT epic creation videos?

I wonder if there is much interest from Twitch/YT audience for time-lapse code monkeying?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 09, 2017, 07:48:16 AM
Member those time-lapse MSPAINT epic creation videos?

I wonder if there is much interest from Twitch/YT audience for time-lapse code monkeying?

Yes, yes there is:
https://www.twitch.tv/communities/programming
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, there's definitely people programming on twitch. The dude who did a lot of the initial work on starbound was streaming for a long time.

Tom

I'd stream my daily work stuff, but I know my bosses would veto it. Its all pretty confidential. Encrypted communications stuff.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 09, 2017, 09:07:25 AM
I'd stream my daily work stuff, but I know my bosses would veto it. Its all pretty confidential. Encrypted communications stuff.

Yeah for hobbyist no problem, for work breach of NDA
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I believe I actually signed one. LOL. Had a lie detector test before I got out of probation. One of the bosses flew out here to talk to a couple of us in Alberta. lol.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 09, 2017, 09:28:56 AM
I believe I actually signed one. LOL. Had a lie detector test before I got out of probation. One of the bosses flew out here to talk to a couple of us in Alberta. lol.

Usually they are boilerplate corporate speak (sometimes in violation of Labour Laws *cough*UPSIDE*cough*) One time I had to get a security screening for gov't work, I had applied for a much higher level than was required and got it, I think that one only lasts 5 years.
By Grabthar's Hammer