Little side project...

Started by Tom, June 28, 2011, 09:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

So I've decided to get back to a hobby of mine, playing with electronics. here's my current progress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-NoQLfOH2w
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Neat. Just remember: your roommate is not a suitable grounding option
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

So which are you building? Robots that will eventually wipe us out or a Black Pontiac Trans Am with turbo boost?

Mr. Analog

Uh oh! What if it's both!

ALL HAIL OUR TRANSFORMING ROBOT OVERLORDS!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 29, 2011, 09:52:10 AM
Uh oh! What if it's both!

ALL HAIL OUR TRANSFORMING ROBOT OVERLORDS!

My son is seeing it on big IMAX tomorrow night... I hope it's as good as the trailer makes it look. Would be a bonus if decent story as well (i.e. I might even be willing to see it with him a few weeks from now, when it gets to cheap theatres -- since nowadays it's often less than a month before it's no longer in First Run theatres, yeehaw...)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

I'm so done with Transformers.

I'm I former Transformer fan!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I'm starting small. I won't start with the robot overlords for a while yet.  >:D
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 29, 2011, 10:28:19 AM
I'm so done with Transformers.

I'm I former Transformer fan!

I'm not interested in the movie myself; I never was big on the TV series and the whole cult[ure] of its reboot... Even if Michael Bay doesn't take himself too seriously, too many fans of his work definitely DO.

But my son is believing the hype that the 3rd T-blockbuster will make up for the fail* that #2 was (even by Bay's own words). My son is an optimist. I love him dearly. But this so reminds me of his positive hopeful attitude re. "2012". ...At least the Spill.com reviews are always entertaining with this kind of stuff...

Good news is that my son basically said "sorry I didn't believe you, dad, it WAS terrible" re. 2012 ... so I think he'll acknowledge if this film is also not worth even the $3 at Movies 12  :P

*in all ways except Box Office

Strive for progress. Not perfection.